• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

hone

150cc
Nice job on the servo bell-crank job.
attachment.php

What kind of spacers did you use to secure the Throttle servo. I noticed, its not mounted in the factory provided location.

attachment.php

Also whats that wing nut onthe side of the plane.
Thanks! Took me a while to get the bell crank all set up and working properly.

For the throttle servo I mounted it using a SpotOnRC side servo mount. http://store.aztechaeromodels.com/s...product&filter_name=side mount&product_id=458

The wing nut is my fuel dot. I lost the original fuel dot in some grass and never found it. The wing nut is working good though.

I should probably order a replacement. I'm always getting funny looks and questions about the wing nut haha. They're out of stock at the moment though. http://store.aztechaeromodels.com/s...t/product&filter_name=fuel dot&product_id=456

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
That side mount is cool. I need to find some spacers and longer servo screws. My elevator servos are so beefy that they touch each other (bottom out on each other) in the tail. I need 1/4 spacers on each side and 1/4" longer than usual servo mount screws. I might just use some 1/4" long carbon tubing as standoffs and a washer against the fuse. The brush-less Savox servos I am running are awesome, but again they are Beefy.

hone

150cc
I used them on my MXS too but for their intended purpose of keeping the rubber grommets from getting deformed. Here is a pic of my aileron servo(also using them on my elevator servos). On my Slick I placed them under the grommets for spacing.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413693473691.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413693473691.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 237

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I never saw those before Joe, pretty cool. I know you guys are using a DA35 but I love the way my VVRC 40 fit in the MXS. Just reach in the lower air inlet and flip with your finger and the throttle servo is a straight shot from the motor box floor.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
I never saw those before either an can use them often, so thanks, Joe. I'm also out of SWB arms now so the next build will mean restocking servo arms. I bought enough of them for the last three planes from Wrongway but lighter and less expensive is always an option. How are the Secraft holding up for you?

I use some V2s. When my 110 yak horns ripped out for the 3rd time it took one of the 2270s out of the pocket. Servo ended up burning out, but not a thing on the arm. If it takes that abuse I can't see any normal thing hurting the V2s. I have a bunch of V1s and I have replaced all the short M2s with longer ones and put a nylock nut on the back like the SWBs and they are working well still.

If you want to go a little cheaper, HK sells SWB knockoffs. You should replace the M2 with a 2-56 as that is what the holes are sized for (Like I said, complete knock offs)

I am shopping for M2 tapped arms for Hitec. I see 3drcparts sells futaba and JR. These will be for the 60" Yak.

hone

150cc
I never saw those before Joe, pretty cool. I know you guys are using a DA35 but I love the way my VVRC 40 fit in the MXS. Just reach in the lower air inlet and flip with your finger and the throttle servo is a straight shot from the motor box floor.

That's how I had my twin set up in the Extra. Loved how simple it was to reach in and flip the choke.
I never saw those before either an can use them often, so thanks, Joe. I'm also out of SWB arms now so the next build will mean restocking servo arms. I bought enough of them for the last three planes from Wrongway but lighter and less expensive is always an option. How are the Secraft holding up for you?
No problem :)

The v2 secraft arms are holding up great. I don't have many flights on the MXS but on my Slick I've been beating them hard for over a year without any issues.

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
I use some V2s. When my 110 yak horns ripped out for the 3rd time it took one of the 2270s out of the pocket. Servo ended up burning out, but not a thing on the arm. If it takes that abuse I can't see any normal thing hurting the V2s. I have a bunch of V1s and I have replaced all the short M2s with longer ones and put a nylock nut on the back like the SWBs and they are working well still.

If you want to go a little cheaper, HK sells SWB knockoffs. You should replace the M2 with a 2-56 as that is what the holes are sized for (Like I said, complete knock offs)

I am shopping for M2 tapped arms for Hitec. I see 3drcparts sells futaba and JR. These will be for the 60" Yak.

Just got the the hi-tec 2mm arms in stock, just gotta get off my arse and list them up, PM if you want them quicker

To busy flying in this fine weather, and I crashed my 104 extra today, DA120 just quit for no reason, luckily it is only landing gear, wheel pants and a bit of rudder repair.

Joe, I would love to get together and fly our 83 mxs's maybe get some video of you flying

hone

150cc
Just got the the hi-tec 2mm arms in stock, just gotta get off my arse and list them up, PM if you want them quicker

To busy flying in this fine weather, and I crashed my 104 extra today, DA120 just quit for no reason, luckily it is only landing gear, wheel pants and a bit of rudder repair.

Joe, I would love to get together and fly our 83 mxs's maybe get some video of you flying
Sorry about your Extra, Ole. Hope you get it fixed soon. Sounds like it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Lets definitely get together soon!!

I just got 5 flights today on my MXS and it's flying great. Floats in 3d but does great XA too!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413759748124.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413759748124.jpg
    828.3 KB · Views: 258