• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Sorry about your Extra, Ole. Hope you get it fixed soon. Sounds like it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Lets definitely get together soon!!

I just got 5 flights today on my MXS and it's flying great. Floats in 3d but does great XA too!

Looks great, Joe. Rob should do one with black stripes, up and down, from the canopy to the stab, and it would look just like a Yellow Jacket. I would then write it off as business expense. Maybe I need to do some "advertising" too. ;)

hone

150cc
Looks great, Joe. Rob should do one with black stripes, up and down, from the canopy to the stab, and it would look just like a Yellow Jacket. I would then write it off as business expense. Maybe I need to do some "advertising" too. ;)

Lol that'd be hilarious! Talk about reppin' hard.

hone

150cc
Made some adjustments on my aileron setup. I was getting 50 degrees of throw with the 1.5" spot on arms and my endpoints were not even maxed so I moved them to the 1.25" hole. Now I'm much closer to 100% on my endpoints and still am getting 45 degrees of throw.

Using the Savox 1270s.

Sorry for the blurry pics, the lighting is terrible.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413858212586.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413858212586.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 251
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413858227239.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413858227239.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 217
I am using 7954s at the 1.5" position. I like the maxed out throw for hovering. With my usual setups I sometimes get better roll rate on mid rates at speed. I read once that anything over 38 degrees is just drag and deflective force.

For measuring throws I have a few of the the AJ meters from the various 71 slicks I have bought. I also have the H9 digital one, but getting it to be consistent on the surface is the issue. I use it for matching the elevator halves and the AJ for ailerons.

Tyler let me borrow a real nice one Aeroworks sells as it has the individual degrees marked and it is pretty small.

http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=274

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I am using 7954s at the 1.5" position. I like the maxed out throw for hovering. With my usual setups I sometimes get better roll rate on mid rates at speed. I read once that anything over 38 degrees is just drag and deflective force.

For measuring throws I have a few of the the AJ meters from the various 71 slicks I have bought. I also have the H9 digital one, but getting it to be consistent on the surface is the issue. I use it for matching the elevator halves and the AJ for ailerons.

Tyler let me borrow a real nice one Aeroworks sells as it has the individual degrees marked and it is pretty small.

http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=274
I think I can still get more than 45 degrees but yeah they were acting as air brakes when doing rifle rolls at 50 degrees. I would go to an even smaller arm but I think it would mess up the geometry. I'm close to 100% endpoints but have 140% available.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413864948696.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413864948696.jpg
    590 KB · Views: 223
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413864977362.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413864977362.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 236