• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I can't wait to start getting in my flights, but in the mean time a box of joy came in today from Eric at B&E. Man he does great work.

Attachments

• graphics1.JPG
    graphics1.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 250

AKfreak

150cc
To do it right I would need to debond the entire sides/bottom/firewall and build new ones as the current ones are pretty bad, at least forward of the last former. I would never get the slots cut that perfect for all the interlocking bits. And frankly I don't have the time for it either... with two young kids my shop time is very very limited these days!

My left wing is destroyed, right stab needs significant work and would be a bear to recover perfectly, and I need a new wing tube, landing gear and cowl. About 250 bucks of parts, which is much cheaper than a new kit, and shipping should be a good bit cheaper too. But the motorbox part is the tricky one. If it was electric I would just slap on an outer layer of plywood and epoxy what's left of the existing motor box area to the reinforcements, but with gas I don't like half-baked repairs like that. I fly hard and want to make sure the plane is up for it.

I'll get the laser and stick this one to the side. Perhaps someday I'll attempt a repair, but for now I have too much else going on to take that on.
I'd be willing to buy the wreckage and try to fix it. Sell to m cheap, and when an if I fix it, I'll sell it back cheap too. GreyHound could get it to me for $50-60 bucks.

AKfreak

150cc
I can't wait to start getting in my flights, but in the mean time a box of joy came in today from Eric at B&E. Man he does great work.
That's nicheeee! I love the grey stroke on Futaba, and how he does a gradient stroke on the 83. Very nice work, I wish I could just play at a sign shop fir a week to do my plane.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
That's nicheeee! I love the grey stroke on Futaba, and how he does a gradient stroke on the 83. Very nice work, I wish I could just play at a sign shop fir a week to do my plane.

Online there is a design your own lettering that you can choose everything and it previews it as you design and displays the pricing. Watch the video how to use it first and have fun. I first saw this with a 78 on the 78" EF Extra and thought it would be cool to do the 83 of the 83" MXS. The quality of their vinyl is fantastic, you really have to do something foolish to get a bubble. Link is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is also the same as the OS GT33. The DLE-35RA is a different pattern as well as the VVRC-40. I have done way too many motor swaps over the years and putting the DA on is about the only one that went remotely smoothly. Just had to swap the throttle linkage slightly and I did not have to move the servo.

My DA-35 is going hopefully into the new 74" laser in a few weeks. From what I have gathered from RCG threads is that is very similar to the MXS is fuse size and there is plenty of room for the ES pipe. The gas version is coming first otherwise I probably would have gone electric.

I am going to do some experimenting with my MXS with small batteries to see if I like it better at 13 pounds with a lesser setup or 14.7 with the monster 5335. I will reduce the max throttle, run a smaller prop and maybe take off the racing tips to simulate it. Right now I am having to run a little lead in the tail to get balance where I like it.