• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

hone

150cc
What a coincidence! I just mounted my motor too :)
I'll be taking it back off to drill the firewall for throttle linkage and such though.

uploadfromtaptalk1408141283389.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408141297049.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408141303901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Thanks to a tip from "the boss", I used double sided tape to set the perfect spinner gap. The stand is the one EF sells. Very handy. It has 3 different size airplane cut outs.

Just model props has dropped the ball and not shipped a order I made on Tuesday. Have to use either a 21x10 xoar or this hunk of APC.

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=91

View attachment 26929
That's an awesome spinner gap. Great tip.

My tech aero ibec came today so I just dropped it in really quick. I'm going to need to pick up some of that snake skin/mesh covering for all my wiring. uploadfromtaptalk1408148918798.jpg

hone

150cc
what is the bolt pattern? da50/60?
The only thing I've seen people mention it was the same as is the mintor 38.

I need to get a drill guide or I may just carefully use the prop washer and my drill press.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the same as the Mintor 33/38. I actually had one of these and had some props and a spinner left over as well as the drill guide. It is the same spacing as the DA-50, but with M4s instead of M5s. PSP sells the drill guide.

I am using a EF 3" spinner for now. I ordered a slightly larger one from Falcon that has the cooling openings and should fit perfect as the 3" is slightly too small.