• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Determined the no start issue, bad Hall sensor.

Good. Now get us a report on that EXTRA!

I may have done a stupid purchase but we'll see....Peak Model 32% Extra 330 SC 475 bucks to the door! I have heard it is every bit as nimble as the Pilot. I hope it stands up well to the EF91. Will have a DA70 on Smooth Pipes in it. All three brands are 1450+ squares in wing area and all three brands advertise 17-20 lb flying weight.
extra32.jpg

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I like the scheme Dimes..........but I'm also partial to schemes with white for the primary covering and other colors for accents and orientation.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I like the scheme Dimes..........but I'm also partial to schemes with white for the primary covering and other colors for accents and orientation.

Same here. Not too busy with a lot of colors. Will probably do a short assembly thread and any mods for the smooth pipes.
Did get a couple more flights on my 104 over the weekend and it is awesome.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I printed an integral ignition box mount/engine box hatch cover.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
Why not notch the sides of it so the folks who have not enlarged the holes on the side of the motorbox to shove the plug caps thru can just route the wires up thru the top of the box then?

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Why not notch the sides of it so the folks who have not enlarged the holes on the side of the motorbox to shove the plug caps thru can just route the wires up thru the top of the box then?
You could Dremel or drill it to be that way, ABS is pretty machinable and the flat plate portion is completely solid. The ignition box holder is honeycomb though.