• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EME 55, Anyone Running One?

Maybe I can spark some advise here without starting a new Forum. Had a bit of a well damnit moment this weekend, the bolt that holds my spinner on snapped in a full throttle up line and my prop eat my spinner, destroyed both spinner and prop also caused my header to crack, I have ordered a new header and need a new prop I was getting good performance with a falcon wood 23x8 7200 RPM on the ground and fairly quick spool up, Would a CF 23x9 hurt my spool up and RPM or would I keep good performance and gain a little speed?View attachment 17679

A friend of mine is running a 55, but different manuf. Was running a 22x8 Xoar at 7200. Went to the Falcon 23x9 CF, increased his performance without dropping RPM. He stayed at the same RPM figure between the 2 props.

So, I would expect little to no rpm loss, but your performance will increase some. Falcon CF props are wickedly effecient. :)

Besides, the 23x8 or 23x9 are the props of choice on a 55cc engine. Some say altitude has some affect on performance. I don't see it. Note...... Steve Stricker won the TOC in 1996 with a 3W 164 4 holer on a Geoff Combs 44% Extra 300S. No prop change no carb adjustments. Not sure of the prop size, probably a 32x10 or 12. He said so in the TOC inter view for the video.

Last edited:

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Just tried to go to Mile High RC site who I got my EME from and it doesn't come up.

Does anyone still carry EME in the US :(