• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EME 55, Anyone Running One?

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
I looked around for some feedback, but there isn't a bunch out there.

What's the skinny on the older 55?

Thanks
Bob

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Same guts as the DLE but a better 4 petal reed system. Older models had issues but all has been corrected.
Personally I would opt for the 60 in a 50 cc airframe. If you have the EME 55 give Mike at Mile High a call with the serial # and he can maybe let you know if it has been updated.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Thanks 490

I just intentionally ordered one of the 55's.
This is a small 50cc model, and I don't need a rocket ship.
Our models are so over powered now.

I was looking for a DLE 55, but they are gone now.
The EME was only $289 with a Walbro.
Nice!

Soggy weekend here.
How bout you?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
@bob_nj I have first gen I guess of the EME 55, couple of the members I fly with say they can hear the bearings clankin, but she's pulling a 17lb bi plane with ease. Starts and runs great. Probably bout 5 gallons threw the 55. I also have one of the 60's no clankin, starts and runs great. 3 gallons threw the 60 I think they have upgraded the bearings since I've purchased mine, hence the clankin in the 55. I may pull it off and send it back to Mike, let him upgrade bearings before warranty runs out. Great price, great little engines, 7 of them running on different airframes in my club.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I have the 35 and the 60 great motors and cheap. The eme can works amazing on the 60 getting better rpm then stock exhaust with it.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Love the EME Engines the 35's are awesome, SO ARE THE 6O'S
This short vid was taken in Oct 2014 I have been out flying since Saturday all week except yesterday and all day today this will be the third season on this engine I am running a falcon cb. 23X8W on it right now. The Johnson Pitts muffler I am running came from DA. I ordered with a DA 50 makes a nice set up on the EME 60

Last edited:

emtp275

100cc
Maybe I can spark some advise here without starting a new Forum. Had a bit of a well damnit moment this weekend, the bolt that holds my spinner on snapped in a full throttle up line and my prop eat my spinner, destroyed both spinner and prop also caused my header to crack, I have ordered a new header and need a new prop I was getting good performance with a falcon wood 23x8 7200 RPM on the ground and fairly quick spool up, Would a CF 23x9 hurt my spool up and RPM or would I keep good performance and gain a little speed? busted prop.JPG

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I would think the 9 pitch would drop you to the 7000 range and more speed and slightly less speed on spool up. But I don't think it would be that bad. Never hurts to try.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I am just thinking the back plates and poor grade bolts on these carbon spinners is plane poor. The cones are ok but many will recommend an aluminum back plate which can be had from TT. Like Brad said. Probably get better thrust as well.