• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EF 60 Laser

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Bunky you will love the 60" EF Laser for an in between flyer. I work for Nike Golf and we fly in the mornings before work on our driving range. Such a great plane. With the three recommended rates yit has a wide personality of flight. Enjoy it for sure.

Hoping that my servos come in on Monday..... I'm gonna make my own extensions for this one, since 20ga wire would be a little much for this little airframe. I'm gonna make the extensions long enough to move the Rx fwd for if/when I change 6S packs.

I guess I could mount my 110HV esc.....

Got the servos on Monday. Got 1 servo installed on the wing. Got a tad of trimming to do. Apparently, the EF Laser was built around the HS 5245 line of servos. Not a big deal, from a modelers stand point. ;) Just trim the opening up (make it longer, thats what she said, I know), and the servo dropped right in!

O

Ohio AV8TOR

I absolutely love my Laser and I fly it hard. One thing I would suggest you do now during the build it don't use the wood screws for the canopy. I do a lot of Crankshafts and I find the wood screws loosen up and have opened up from vibration the screw holes in the cowl. Drill the holes through and put in "T" nuts and use a machine screws. That was the way my EF 83" MXS came and I was glad to see.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Oh yea forgot to add, Chris's advice on the 3 rates are awesome. I know some people only set up one rate but the suggested low rate turns this plane into a plane on rails. At least one flight a day I will fly 80% in low rate for the big sky high speed stuff. The third rate is pretty much the same as the second but crazy elevator. I had no problems getting 80º of throw. Elevators are amazing there as is the tumbles. enjoy!

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Bunky F. Knuckle;2017 wrote: Hoping that my servos come in on Monday..... I'm gonna make my own extensions for this one, since 20ga wire would be a little much for this little airframe. I'm gonna make the extensions long enough to move the Rx fwd for if/when I change 6S packs.

I guess I could mount my 110HV esc.....

We do have 22 awg wires:)

Maidened mine last Saturday. Put 4 flights on it and it's insane. Torque 4016 outrunner, Airboss 80, 5245's all around, and guided by a Spektrum AR7000. Haven't weighed it, but, honestly, as good as it's flying, I don't care to.

3048=1504-10440773_10152624468819882_4523118338480244118_n.jpg
3048=1504-10440773_10152624468819882_4523118338480244118_n.jpg