• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Desert Aircraft Owners

Ok, here's a tuning question that has me confused after reading this. I was working with the needles on my DA 60 this weekend and the motor was transitioning fine. Now I'm thinking I'm too rich but here's the crazy thing. When I'm at 1/4-1/2 throttle and go into an upline it seems to bog down even more making me think that I'm too lean.

There are some other things that I need to check too. I added a nipple to the carb diaphragm vent and ran it to a pill bottle in the fuse for static air and that did away with the burbling problems I had when doing knife edge and rolling harriers. I'm also going to check the fuel screens and diaphragm in the carb and probably get a rebuild kit for it and then mix in some Seafoam with the gas.
You don't need the static line on a rear carb. The carb is out of the way of any erratic air flow.

If you are having running issues, try going back to recommended starting points.

Good point.

I was trying to tune out the burble before the vent line mod so I will put it back at factory and make sure it's transitioning and sounding OK at full throttle before I get it off the ground.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Just saw this thread and maybe a good place to ask a question for my new DA-70. I would like to cut off the Powerpole connector and solder a short servo extension to connect to my Tech Aero IBEC, does this void the DA ignition warranty? What have you guys done.
I put deans on all of mine and have had warranty work done. They even went through the last ignition I sent and replaced plug caps and braiding over the wire and shipped it back with my deans still on there...free of charge. I mentioned that I had deans plugs when I talked to them on the phone as well and they said no problem!

Well I think I found my problem. I was replacing the gaskets and diaphragm in the carb and there was an somewhat opaque film covering the fuel screen.

So, I was running 91 octane Phillips gas and now the question is do I continue and mix in some Seafoam, try the ethanol free gas from the unbranded station in Amarillo (use it for mower gas), or just go SEF.

SEF costs more but I don't burn enough fuel in a year to really bother me even at 5X the cost.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I put deans on all of mine and have had warranty work done. They even went through the last ignition I sent and replaced plug caps and braiding over the wire and shipped it back with my deans still on there...free of charge. I mentioned that I had deans plugs when I talked to them on the phone as well and they said no problem!
Yes exactly. There's zero problem with changing connectors. I've done as have many others without issue.

Battery plugs are a personal choice. I wish they would leave the APP plug off, in lieu of a regular JR/Futaba plug.

It is countless how many APP plugs I have cut off these DA ignitions. I know I did on both of my ignignitions, including my 120.

Well I think I found my problem. I was replacing the gaskets and diaphragm in the carb and there was an somewhat opaque film covering the fuel screen.

So, I was running 91 octane Phillips gas and now the question is do I continue and mix in some Seafoam, try the ethanol free gas from the unbranded station in Amarillo (use it for mower gas), or just go SEF.

SEF costs more but I don't burn enough fuel in a year to really bother me even at 5X the cost.
Continue with what fuel you are running now.