• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro Raven 3.1M build

Wacobipe

100cc
I did get the remainder of the parts from DA...the just neglected to include them so sent them out 3 day select!  This kit is amazingly high quality.

Work has been insane lately, and coupled with the new forum issues I've been holding off starting my build thread. I've taken all the photos and I have plans to start the thread with a question the the group as I am thinking of altering the hinging method...may start it this weekend...we'll see.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I will be tuned in on your hinging idea. Since this is my first build I will probably stick with robarts. i understand about a busy work schedule I'm at a stand still till I get some free time. Glad to be busy though! 

Wacobipe

100cc
Robarts are the wise decision...but I've been there and done that....I never met a project I couldn't make harder than it needs to be!

Wacobipe

100cc
You've been awfully quiet JLC... I need you to get moving so I can use your build thread as a set of directions for my 2.5M build! ;)

Hope all is well and you're just too busy out flying!

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I wish that was the case. Still working too hard. I have plans to get back on the build this week. I think I have convinced myself to split my ailerons so I have been measuring that all out. I was reading your build thread and am excited to see your hingeing. Should be a fun winter!

Jlc

70cc twin V2
What happened to this build I'm thinking about getting g the same plane every build is stuck for some reason
Sorry about the slow progress. I got in a wreck day after Christmas and my arm has been in a cast. My cast came off yesterday so I can get back going again. Putting my control arms on now. If a person had the time this kit would go together in a few weeks.

Docdds11

New to GSN!
That explains it.. the ARF kit goes for around 4700 built up by Delro in Germany, I'm not sure if it's smarter for me to get that one, or buy the kit at 1500 and build it my self.. Looks like a fantastic flyer, I wouldnt mind the build how ever the fire wall installation seems intimidating as I would have to set the thrust angle myself, (from what I can tell anyway) also the incidence of the stabs I would have to set that my self as well which I don't feel comfortable doing. Any way glad to hear ur getting out of the cast and looking forward to watching yours come together and thanks for taking the time to share your build experience.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
That explains it.. the ARF kit goes for around 4700 built up by Delro in Germany, I'm not sure if it's smarter for me to get that one, or buy the kit at 1500 and build it my self.. Looks like a fantastic flyer, I wouldnt mind the build how ever the fire wall installation seems intimidating as I would have to set the thrust angle myself, (from what I can tell anyway) also the incidence of the stabs I would have to set that my self as well which I don't feel comfortable doing. Any way glad to hear ur getting out of the cast and looking forward to watching yours come together and thanks for taking the time to share your build experience.
Here are might thoughts if it will help but far from the gospel. I think a plane finished by Delro would be incredible they seem to be sticklers for detail and producing a great product. If you decide to go that way talk to Dr. Gotz at http://www.vogelsangaeroscale.com/civilian.html. My dealings with him have been first rate. If you decide to do the kit don't sweat the firewall. I'm using a DA 150 for power. The firewall is already predrilled and the thrust is preset so to speak with the front of the cowl. This is my first gs build and I'm sure you won't have an issue doing a great job building one. It has been great fun for me because I'm getting wood building experience and learning composite techniques.

Wacobipe

100cc
Docdds11,
I am hesitantly letting you know that I am on the exact step of installing the firewall in my 2.5M Raven from Delro right now...I hope to have it done and posted in my build thread this week...the preliminary mock up is already there. Check it out because while there is no "simple reference" for the firewall it's placement does sort of fall right into place once you figure out the reference locations ( and my thread will show you how I did it). I am sure the ARF would be awesome but I love to build and they want a pretty penny for that ARF service.