• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

Here is the limited video of the maiden, well, my friend messed it up and was unable to film the take off or landing, but, anyways, here is what we got!!

Here is the telemetry of the flight.

motor is brand new.
ambient temp = 82 F
Fuel= 93 octane, no ethanol, red line oil 40 to 1
Falcon propeller 30 x 13 - 2 blade

IMG_9155.JPG

right rear cylinder temp, peak was 242.4
left rear cylinder temp, peak temp 298.3

right front cylinder peak temp is 247.6
left front cylinder temp, peak temp 275.3

Peak RPM = 6840. this will get over 7000 once broken in!! SO far, so good, with a 30 x 13 prop. this is data during flight.
IMG_9157.JPG

the telemetry for cylinder head temps tells me that the right cylinders are running cooler than the left sided cylinders.
the hottest running cylinder is the left rear cylinder. I am thinking, i will richen the rear needle about 1/8th of a turn.

Hard to tell what to make of all this, it runs great in the air!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9156.JPG
    IMG_9156.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_9158.JPG
    IMG_9158.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_9159.JPG
    IMG_9159.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_9160.JPG
    IMG_9160.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_9161.JPG
    IMG_9161.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_9162.JPG
    IMG_9162.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 245
I have a total of 6 temperature sensors.

the 1st 4 are on the cylinders.

ok, i placed a 5th temp sensor right in between the headers, just next to the rear carb. I wanted to measure the air temperature, meaning, how hot is the air entering the carburetor. this air has average temperature of 98.4 degrees F.

the 6th sensor is placed on the rear aspect of one of the canisters. That canister had a peak temp of 125.5 F.

this tells me, I am getting plenty of air to cool the header and canister area.

Today, I added a tray for the batteries, since I now know how the balance is!
And i removed the white rose tail wheel that is a hard material. People at the club were complaining that it was "too loud". I had a spare white rose wheel with the softer rubber, so that is now on there!.

Sorry for the bushing rattle that is part and parcel of the hard urethane spoked tail wheels. I try to warn all my customers of this eventuality when operating on hard surface runways but some probably slip through. I do discuss this problem on my web site but I have learned from bitter experience that few people read the text above the prices :) The soft tire (quiet) wheel is interchangeable with a Allen wrench.