• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

Hi James, When I glued on the fin, I used a laser light, but from looking at it, looks like the fin is on straight, but i can look at it again.

IMG_8178.JPG
IMG_8179.JPG
IMG_8180.JPG
IMG_8181.JPG

I have a good reason to believe it was that left stab was off. So with that left stab having up elevator, relative to the right one, it would cause it to roll to left and for the left wing to drop.

I let you know wednesday if the problem is fixed!!!

This is now my IMAC plane. I keep it in my trailer as my back up, and last week, I went to a contest in Little Rock, Arkansas...

IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG

On that Friday, I was flying my Dalton 300 ML, which is my #1 plane, has about 300 flights on it. On Friday, I flew it once, did the INT sequence 3 times, then landed her. Refueled her, and took off again.

I did the sequence once, and then started to do a 2nd sequence, I did a snap, and then heard a God Awful sound. I immediately landed her and noticed there was a problem....

IMG_1341.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG

SO, this airplane became out of commission, and I brought out the Yak.

This airplane, unfortunately, was not trimmed out. SO is spent most of that Friday, trimming her out...

IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG

The biggest issue I was having with her on Saturday, were the snaps. They were not dialed in.

Someone did take a picture of her, while she was in the sky....

Dalton Yak in the sky.jpg

then, for the past 2 days, I have her pretty well trimmed now!
She is ready for some more.

I ended up 5th at that contest.
Let's see how she does next weekend in Byram, MS.