• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cost comparison, budget 60cc versus top shelf 30cc

Which would you choose?

• High End 30cc

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Budget 60cc

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
I tested Solar 770, 771, and 772s a couple of weeks ago.

http://3drcforums.com/showthread.php?2282-Servo-bench-testing/page2

I also have flown all three of these servos in a Pilot 73" Yak 54. They first two do not have the torque needed for a 30cc 3D plane, and the 772 has the torque, but is painfully slow compared to the other choices. XQs are getting close to the same price point as some of my Hitec choices I love, especially if you score a deal on used ones.

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
I think one factor that might be overlooked is that if the budget 60 has a removable rudder. If so that cuts the 60cc size airframe down to a 74-78" size air frame with the rudder pementently attached. For example..the 60cc Pilot Edge 540 with removable rudder and elerons cuts down to 73" with the rudder removed...Bingo! Now your at the same size as a 30cc with a rudder attached. No worries about transport and now you have a 60cc size plane to boot! Even thought some 60cc size airframes that you may like do not have a removable rudder (I like the EF 88" Edge 540 but it doesn't have a removable rudder) doesn't mean you can't modified the rudder to make it removable. Robart makes some hinges that would work great. Point is if there is a will there is a way the you could make a rudder removable to make a airframe fit in your vehicle to some extent! Look here to see how and what you need to make a reovable rudder.

Thanks for sharing that info RC_Feen. That will definitely make transport easier. Looks like only a couple of minutes of additional field set-up.