• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Castle Creations ESCs

They're Turnigy 2200's, 25/35c, only about 25 cycles.

They are capable of 55A outpu,t and you are only pulling about 40A. Unless they are just crappin' out on ya early, they should be ok. It's hard on Lipos to be run to low voltages (long run times). You may already know this but for making your Lipo's last: You should only be targeting for 80% use max., each flight by measuring voltage after landing or mA usage by checking on how much you put back in when charging, and put them in storage charge (3.85v/cell) when done flying, while keeping them stored in a cool area. It's hard on them to leave them low or fully charged. That's all I got for ya! DG

quadracer

100cc
I usually fly them down to 3.75-3.8, and don't store them charged for more than a couple days at most, so it just might have been a bad apple.

quadracer

100cc
Thanks for helping me interpret what all those charts are saying guys. I'm phasing out the Turnigy batteries, but that one bit me before it got culled. :)

wedoitall

so i have a noob question. i have a castle lite 50 . ive been reading about servo torque and blowback. ive read that if i would set up the CC 50 to 6v instead of 5v servos would work better. whats the best way of doing that and do i need to purchase the link/programmer. i would have already purchased the programmer but this may be the only CC esc i ever run. but idk

gyro

GSN Contributor
so i have a noob question. i have a castle lite 50 . ive been reading about servo torque and blowback. ive read that if i would set up the CC 50 to 6v instead of 5v servos would work better. whats the best way of doing that and do i need to purchase the link/programmer. i would have already purchased the programmer but this may be the only CC esc i ever run. but idk

I have an extra castle link USB adapter I can send you. The USB link or a field programmer are needed to program the castle ESC.

But yes, as long as the servos are rated for 6v, they will be faster and have more torque on 6v

Last edited by a moderator: