• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Cappy cuts/builds an old school Ultra Hots with a few mods.

capthis

70cc twin V2
A friend from Nebraska had a giant scale Hots he scratch built. Last September we were at a fun fly in Sheridan Wyoming. Not sure what gas engine Leon had on it, he was up having fun with it, all of a sudden boom. He figured the muffler came loose and the prop hit it and then hit the left wing. The rest of the plane came down in pieces.

That stinks....

capthis

70cc twin V2
It was really too windy but I just had to test fly it. I got two solid flights tonight. No one else out so no video. CG is now about spot on. Had to hold just a touch of down inverted.

Still a new motor so I hope power picks up some with break in. Muffler is really quiet in the air and you hear the 20-6 Xoar over the exhaust. Hopefully we'll get a calmer day and I can get some vid.

Hope to fly this a lot this summer!