• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D CAP 232-ST design / build / prototype

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Thanks guy's. Final fill and sanding was done today and I shot a coat of primer before I left the shop. I'll wet sand it tomorrow and will clear tomorrow before we leave. I'll wax and prep it through next weekend while I work on the Viper and some other wings for other projects. I should have my mold making materials early next week.

Terry, you're the man. Thanks for sharing so much awesome.:mario-banana::fist_pump:

tylerzx9r

100cc
Terry, if your not a machine, or don't have a crew of people building with you, you better get some lined up! With this many things going, I believe more people are going to want to buy your designs than your prepared for! Great work champ!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm honored you would say that, but this must stay a hobby. This CAP will likely see a few prototypes if I'm going to sell a few but the hobby and friendships I've made mean to much to me to make it a major business adventure. If it is worthy of producing kits it will be done through someone else with me only doing some laser cutting.

I build hard during the Winter because once summer get's here it's time to burn gas!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Feels like a long thread already and I'm not even past the cowl:face-palm:

BUT, I just finished the final sanding and am going to shoot clear!! So that means we are a week or two away from getting some design work done on paper. I've been gathering notes and once I have made an actual cowl / cowl ring I plan to dedicate a couple days of solid CAD work to draw the fuse and get things started.
_DSC0445.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0446.JPG
    _DSC0446.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 213
  • _DSC0447.JPG
    _DSC0447.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 241
  • _DSC0448.JPG
    _DSC0448.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 234

tylerzx9r

100cc
I'm honored you would say that, but this must stay a hobby. This CAP will likely see a few prototypes if I'm going to sell a few but the hobby and friendships I've made mean to much to me to make it a major business adventure. If it is worthy of producing kits it will be done through someone else with me only doing some laser cutting.

I build hard during the Winter because once summer get's here it's time to burn gas!!!!
I like the way you think! Cars used to be a hobby for me, now it is just work! Blessing is... I got into Giant scale!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I have to say I was not liking the looks of it until I got it all one color, now I think attached to an airplane it will be pretty darn cool.

I'll feel better when I get it out of the mold and can lay up parts. That bottom part still has me worried. I'll probably lay on a couple extra coats of PVA so worst case I can squirt some water between the plug and mold and dissolve the PVA to release it.