• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D CAP 232-ST design / build / prototype

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey look! It's all a solid color!!! Unfortunately not for long.....more crap to fill / sand / fill / sand:oblong:

Soon! I ordered the last of the materials to make the molds so with luck we'll be doing that next week. I'm already concerned about this bottom part coming out of the mold, but really it should almost be easier than the original cowl that I started with. Mainly smoothed it out and added a scoop were the major mods. I'm sure it'll work out.View attachment 4071 View attachment 4073
And for this very reason, (as well as others I have seen you do) that is why I want "YOU" to address the cowl on the BH Edge. It'll be worth it. Just be sure to include some awesome Terryscustom decals that I can dress it up with when you send it back.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Looks Nice! Terry, earlier you mentioned "silk cloth" when I was asking what you used. I got to wondering last night, Does the glass resin soak into that material ok? Or does the resin just go around the fine threads? I was curious because it might be better for other uses during building or repairing if it absorbs the resin like glass does?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks Nice! Terry, earlier you mentioned "silk cloth" when I was asking what you used. I got to wondering last night, Does the glass resin soak into that material ok? Or does the resin just go around the fine threads? I was curious because it might be better for other uses during building or repairing if it absorbs the resin like glass does?

It's actually satin weave glass. Just a different weave that is very tight and conforms to compound curves well. It's not the greatest structural glass but really good face layer.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
No Snorkel!!:sorry:

Sorry man, it would have been just too short on this cowl and would have looked a little silly. Plus I decided the cowl is already complex enough.

really nice work Terry!

Thanks Bart, I blasted on 4 coats with an additional 2 coats in the areas with small blemishes. Most of it will get wet sanded down later today. If it all works out, just maybe I'll get to seal it and clear it later today!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks guy's. Final fill and sanding was done today and I shot a coat of primer before I left the shop. I'll wet sand it tomorrow and will clear tomorrow before we leave. I'll wax and prep it through next weekend while I work on the Viper and some other wings for other projects. I should have my mold making materials early next week.