• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Byron Glasair Build

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You get extra points for the Vega with a roll cage in the background.;) Even more points if it's an Astre!

I've been trying really hard to talk myself out of buying a Byron P-51 that's for sale in our club. I need it like a hole in the head.
But at the same time I really want it.:lol2:
Be careful for what you wish for. Help a friend build one many years ago all I can say it was a beautiful plane all the details and everything was perfect even the landing gear he made just a wonderful plane until you fly it. It was extremely over weight and it was not his doing I believe the plane itself is very heavy.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Be careful for what you wish for. Help a friend build one many years ago all I can say it was a beautiful plane all the details and everything was perfect even the landing gear he made just a wonderful plane until you fly it. It was extremely over weight and it was not his doing I believe the plane itself is very heavy.
My flying buddy Tony had one back in the 80's and it flew very well. Kinda slow, but flew well.

TonyHallo

150cc
Have to ask of all the cars to choose from why a Vega that must have been the most difficult car to put a big V8 into and especially into a unit body car. That must been a difficult job to keep it from winding the body in a pretzel.

It was a car I always wanted, V8 Vega. When I drive it today most people don't have a clue what it is.
The engine install was rather easy, I used stock Monza mounts for the engine, had to move the transmission mount back a couple of inches to get the T56 in. With the 12 point cage and connectors the chassis is very stiff, no pretzel.
Going to spread a little Dolphin this morning then go work on my daughter's plumbing, she told me last night there is a wet spot in her kitchen, not looking forward to this.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
My flying buddy Tony had one back in the 80's and it flew very well. Kinda slow, but flew well.
It flew well go for it a nice warbird is always nice to have. One thing I do know is the bigger the warbird the better they fly. Not that I have had a big one but when at JoeNall you can see that the big one around 100 and up inches fly great. And look really nice especially when they have have some power.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It was a car I always wanted, V8 Vega. When I drive it today most people don't have a clue what it is.
The engine install was rather easy, I used stock Monza mounts for the engine, had to move the transmission mount back a couple of inches to get the T56 in. With the 12 point cage and connectors the chassis is very stiff, no pretzel.
Going to spread a little Dolphin this morning then go work on my daughter's plumbing, she told me last night there is a wet spot in her kitchen, not looking forward to this.
Do not know how old you are but I just getting to a stage when I have to crawl into a small spot upside-down it gets difficult just not as flexible as I use to be.

Hello again Tony. I noticed in a previous post that you are using a Frsky radio. I purchased an X10s last year and really just started using it this year. I am liking it more and more as I get accustomed to it.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I've been considering a similar set up to what your using to hold your fuselage for priming. Normally I just stand then on the firewall on a can, but the Ultimate I'm working on is much longer than the 60cc airplanes I'm used to painting. I may use an engine stand if I can remember where mine is.:face-palm:

I learned many moons ago when I painted my first airplane that how you set them up is extremely important. The sheer number of parts can be a bit much. The Ultimate has 24 separate parts that need to be painted.o_O
Boy, ya got that right! Unbelievable how many primed parts I now have for my Krill....and it only has ONE wing!

TonyHallo

150cc
Hello again Tony. I noticed in a previous post that you are using a Frsky radio. I purchased an X10s last year and really just started using it this year. I am liking it more and more as I get accustomed to it.
I find the Open TX very powerful, no limits.