• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Building of the 30cc Slick 540 from Redwing RC!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yup but I just got word back that it wasn't totaled afterall! However, a lot of the front end needs rebuilt and it will be the end of the month before I get it back. We're looking at a maiden sometime around my birthday. :-D

Hope it's not a salvage title and they do good work!

Looking forward to your maiden!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Guys - we are teaching Kaitlin at the warehouse what all goes into building a plane so she can better help customers. we had a little fun with the vents on this. we cut them out and then used fiberglass cloth to glue "hinged" back in place. So it's not just a big hole, and when pressure goes over them they open up

we saw one of our customers vents.jpg do something similar on another build

Thought I'd share

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
How is the build quality compared to the "Big two"? Similar? Lighter? Heavier? Just curious as this is a really nice looking plane.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
In my little 3D brain 3dhs and Extreme Flight are legit and proven. The biggest sellers out there for 3d planes. Sure P/A and some others are out there too. But when you talk 3D they (big two) get the most attention. Also all I have for a frame of reference. This airframe looks pretty good too (mxs too). So I just mean how is the over all quality and flying performance compared to "known" standard. No offense meant. I am really considering a 30cc project and this is on my radar. So I am in search mode.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Build and covering quality is better than 3DHS. I have owned AJ Slicks. I've never seen a plane without a rough landing just fall apart in the air. It is getting a complete front end rebuilt and has never hit the ground in any other way than on it's wheels. Don't give me wrong, 3DHS planes are floaty and great 3d birds. But when you have to rebuild a plane that's never been crashed in 3 years I find that disappointing.

EF is amazing. I couldn't ask for more out of my EF Extra. Build strength and quality is awesome. Though the covering is wrinkled out a lot. Even after going over it. Granted it sits in a trailer but so does the Redwing.

Any more today, all the planes fly so great, customer service is worth it more to me. Everyone says they can't get a hold of certain companies. But I know Tim will always answer the phone.

All and all. All the companies really produce great stuff. And we need to realize that the guys that we buy from aren't the ones building the planes. So that is why it is so important to check things over. Let's be honest, we all have bad days at work. So some of us will get that bad day at work ARF that might have been short on glue at some joints.