• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Building of the 30cc Slick 540 from Redwing RC!!!

funflyr

50cc
The weather looks good for the upcoming weekend, I'm hoping to put a bunch of flights on the Slick.
Troy

funflyr

50cc
I have had several or maybe a few more than that. The Slick is my favorite so far. It compares in power to my DA-120 powered Extreme Flight 104" Extra 300.
Troy

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have had several or maybe a few more than that. The Slick is my favorite so far. It compares in power to my DA-120 powered Extreme Flight 104" Extra 300.
Troy

That is a nice comparison, the DA 120 on the 104 is somewhat of a benchmark airplane! (I'm starting mine this weekend!)

So compared to some of your other airframes, what do characteristics of the Slick do you enjoy the most?

3dbandit

100cc
Jeff,

I was looking through your build pics earlier in the thread and it appears that you are using plastic servo hubs to mount the servo arms.

I would switch to metal hubs or metal servo arms before flying as the plastic hubs can strip out or slip.

BTW, Great build!!!!:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
That is what I did. But I have flown other Redwing planes with this set up and no issues. Heck, my 40% Caren has heavy duty plastic arms on it for 1,000 of flights. Metal arms are for sure the safest bet. I've been "changing" the ones on my Carden for 3 years now along with those old servos that are .20 speed and 250 ounces lol. Don't fix what isn't broken though.

Jeff,

I was looking through your build pics earlier in the thread and it appears that you are using plastic servo hubs to mount the servo arms.

I would switch to metal hubs or metal servo arms before flying as the plastic hubs can strip out or slip.

BTW, Great build!!!!:thumbup:

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
After the season I've had, I'll be pretty ginger with it at first. By the time I start smacking it around, I should have hopefully upgraded to something a bit heavier duty.