• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand New PAU........Viper-ST Announced!!!!!!!!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
:cryin: No funds at this time. The Viper and that new Bipe are on my "Got to have" list but there are other things on that list that must be addressed first:ugh:.

I think this to hold true in life........."Once poor, fat and ugly your most likely to stay poor, fat and ugly".....49Dimes:big-grin:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Just spoke with Herve and confirmed this as well. He is also working on info to get on the website soon. I know the price is going to be comparable to most 120cc airframes, but a little extra for the vented cowl (which I can attest is a PITA to lay up, but WELL worth ithttp://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/198.gif). And also for the split ailerons, which again take extra labor to do but is well worth it!

If you are considering one today would be a good day to pull the trigger! I've really been enjoying mine all summer and have gotten great feedback from the dozen or so people I have let fly it.

We will have the prototype at the Des Moines Harvest Huck in IA next weekend from the 17th - 20th if you are interested in a test drive look me uphttp://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/200.gif

bryanb

50cc
Is PAU closed on Mondays? I was emailing Herve last week on availability and did not realize the pre-order was ending. I called and emailed today with not response to see if I could be included in the pre-order. I was at a fly-in on Friday and did not see the "last day" messages. I am ready to pre-order.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Is PAU closed on Mondays? I was emailing Herve last week on availability and did not realize the pre-order was ending. I called and emailed today with not response to see if I could be included in the pre-order. I was at a fly-in on Friday and did not see the "last day" messages. I am ready to pre-order.

Did you leave Herve a message on his phone? He normally calls back unless he is away on other business. I would try again and if you did not leave a message do so and he will get back with you.

@Islandflyer

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Also for anyone that may want to start gathering parts for one, wait on the spinner until we confirm. The prototypes were 4" but we asked for that to be changed to 4.5" along with a wider cowl. This will be checked ASAP.

ryan_m

100cc
Terry,
what's the height of the rudder on this plane? I've seen some 100cc planes with rudders smaller than some of the 50cc stuff out there now. Curious what the height is from the ground to the top of the rudder? I'm hoping it's too tall to fit in my vehicle, will help take some temptation away from me. :D

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry,
what's the height of the rudder on this plane? I've seen some 100cc planes with rudders smaller than some of the 50cc stuff out there now. Curious what the height is from the ground to the top of the rudder? I'm hoping it's too tall to fit in my vehicle, will help take some temptation away from me. :D

The rudder on this thing is large enough that it should be called a "thrust vector unit" but it does not take away from the precision flight. It's about 26 1/2" tall.