• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bowed Carden 40% wing panel

I need to ask Rob Duley aka [MENTION=248]Wobs[/MENTION] about that. It is just this 1 panel. He met up with me a couple weeks ago and dropped it off to me.

Curiousity killing the cat here...... How would it fly if I left the bow in the panel for Rob, as that was one question he had for me too.

Windecker

New to GSN!
Well, not good news. If they were the same I would bet you $$ he would never notice in the air and honestly, might not now, Wob is a hack (love you Wob LOL).

Seriously, those foam core wings are extremely tough, putting new LE and TE on them might help, maybe a little and only for a short time. You can correct a bowed aileron that way, but the wing:blue:

I say, soak the heck out of it with water, square it up in the shucks, put some weight on it and go on vacation for a couple of weeks. Pull it out, let it air for a few days,

Check it for warps and if not twisted, cover it and go, bow or no bow. Your only out about $30.00 in Monokote and a few evenings.

Otherwise your what $200-$300 and more time...

My 02Cents.

Will

Wobs

New to GSN!
Windecker;17236 wrote: Well, not good news. If they were the same I would bet you $$ he would never notice in the air and honestly, might not now, Wob is a hack (love you Wob LOL).

Seriously, those foam core wings are extremely tough, putting new LE and TE on them might help, maybe a little and only for a short time. You can correct a bowed aileron that way, but the wing:blue:

I say, soak the heck out of it with water, square it up in the shucks, put some weight on it and go on vacation for a couple of weeks. Pull it out, let it air for a few days,

Check it for warps and if not twisted, cover it and go, bow or no bow. Your only out about $30.00 in Monokote and a few evenings.

Otherwise your what $200-$300 and more time...

My 02Cents.

Will

LOL....Will called me a hack! BTW. that's Mr Hack to you

Windecker

New to GSN!
LOL guys, miss seeing you Rob, sorry to see your beautiful plane got damaged. But at least that means your flying it!

Will

2walla

50cc
If the skins were glued properly you will not get the bow out. Soaking in water will only make it moldy. Cover it and go fly, throw it out, or add balsa and start sanding..

Got the word via facebook, that the wing gets covered regardless to outcome.

Its all good for me either way.

On my way after work to pick up some hair spray. Cant find the stuff I bought last time for some odd ball reason??

Wobs

New to GSN!
Bunky F. Knuckle;17435 wrote: Got the word via facebook, that the wing gets covered regardless to outcome.

Its all good for me either way.

On my way after work to pick up some hair spray. Cant find the stuff I bought last time for some odd ball reason??

good, I need a perm anyway!!!!:smile-new: