• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Booma RC Intellimatch servo matching

jaybird

70cc twin V2
thurmma;12907 wrote: Thanks for the info [MENTION=97]jaybird[/MENTION]. Mine will be here today and will be doing the install tonight unless the weather holds out, then I will be taking my daughter to see Foreigner :) It is an outdoor venue and at this time we have about 50% chance of T-storms tonight.

No problem buddy. Looking forward to see how it works out for you. :)

thurmma

150cc
jaybird;12921 wrote: By the way guys, Justin @VitalRC is a dealer for Booma RC. Awesome guy to do buisness with.

I second this! One awesome person to work with. I ordered my stuff in the afternoon and had a shipping notification later that evening! He communicated everything that was going on, we had a Paypal hiccup, go figure :) I will definitely use vital-rc.com for future purchases.

thurmma

150cc
attachment.php

My workday just got a LOT longer :)

12956=6000-Intellimatch.jpg
12956=6000-Intellimatch.jpg

thurmma

150cc
jaybird;12858 wrote: Well I got it to work pretty good by reducing the throw. I think my problem is the control arm geometry sucks. The pushrod and servo arm ends up almost in a straight line at full deflection and it's just off further than the intellimatch can compensate for at the ends of the travel. Because this is an ARF I'm not going to easily be able to move the control horn over, but I think moving to 1.75" arms will get me in the ballpark.

With that figured out I can say that that Intellimatch works perfectly. Very quick and easy to program. Pretty neat to watch it go through its matching sequence. It's also well built and very compact. Put 4 flights on it yesterday in a brand new bird without any issues.

I would feel good recommending it, just have to keep in mind that your mechanical setup has to be optimized to get the best results.

Are you using 2 or 3 servos per wing?

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Glad I saw this thread, ordered mine for new build, thanks for turning me on to these, ill be sure to post the set up and install.

thurmma

150cc
Unfortunately mine didn't work out. BoomaRC's support is fantastic! We tried everything under the sun, but couldn't get the IM14 to work with my wings. I took quite a few videos during the process and did comparisons to the standard JR Matchboxes with a quad current meter and they finally told me to send them back and they would refund my money. They also told me they would send me a set to try when they have modified the software with a greater tolerance built in so I could test the new ones for them to see how things worked.

If I had a 2 servo wing, I would not even hesitate to purchase the IM22 and use it. When I had the master and 1st slave hooked up it was SWEET! Smooth transitions and no binding ANYWHERE from one extreme to the other.

I can't wait to see the second generation of the IM14. I am sure it will rock the same way the IM22 does.

Again, @BoomaRC and @VitalRc are both great companies to work with. Vital-rc is the current US distributor for BoomaRC products.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
I really think most of the problem is the Pilot control arm location. It puts the pushrod at a bad angle when the servo is near the ends of travel, and it's outside of the 5% limit the unit can correct for. They should really move the hard point to be more in line with the servo pocket. I have some longer arms on the way along with another trick I'm gonna try to make it better. Good to know that Booma is working with you.