• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D BH Design 50% Edge 540

thurmma

150cc
@stangflyer I guess that means I will have to create another scheme for RF then :) Just send me pictures. BTW, I am hoping to create one for the Extra 330SC based on the plane I just finished after I get done with the Purple Edge scheme. I have it about 50% done and have been flying it on my machine at home and it is really cool to be flying on the sim with one of your own planes :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@stangflyer I guess that means I will have to create another scheme for RF then :) Just send me pictures. BTW, I am hoping to create one for the Extra 330SC based on the plane I just finished after I get done with the Purple Edge scheme. I have it about 50% done and have been flying it on my machine at home and it is really cool to be flying on the sim with one of your own planes :)
LMAO...so glad I could make ya happy Mark. LOL.... Actually very excited to see your new schemes.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A short video showing the removal of existing covering from my BH 50% Edge 540. In preparation of changing up the design and getting rid of the checker board squares on the fuse. Using just the right amount of concentrated heat, most (if not all) covering will come off easily in very large sections. If any imperfections exist under the covering, a little light sanding, filling or needed attention can be done before laying down your new bad ass scheme.After removing old covering and all finish work is completed, I typically whip the fuse down with a dampened cloth with alcohol. Sure makes it easy when you want to freshen up or do a complete recover on your favorite flying machine.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Short video of removing those high dollar vinyl graphics from existing covering. Not always, but most times gently lifting at the corners and working the edges up, you can gently "ease" up those graphics with even and consistent pressure to be saved for re-application to your new scheme. Saving a few hundred dollars on graphics is well worth a few minutes patience.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Short video of removing those high dollar vinyl graphics from existing covering. Not always, but most times gently lifting at the corners and working the edges up, you can gently "ease" up those graphics with even and consistent pressure to be saved for re-application to your new scheme. Saving a few hundred dollars on graphics is well worth a few minutes patience.

A little light heat from your heat gun helps also. Just transfered the Viper graphics to my new wings and it worked great.