• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bart

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
fwiw, just before it all went down I decided I wasn't going to build out my 2nd hand BME 37% Ultimate I had bought a couple of seasons earlier so I sold it! Now I'm wishing I had it as I need something to dress up for the site! the past three or four weeks have been cra-zy!

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Very interesting story. I wish you both lots of luck. I am looking forward to contributing with a build thread here soon.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Islandflyer;2711 wrote: Bart, from you first email, it was clear that you and Sleepy were going to make this a nice home.

It was always clear to that Sleepy was good people, and it's great to see him finally find a comfortable place to hang and work.

I hope to meet you in person soon...

Thanks Herve, we appreciate it.

In the craziness of multi-rotors I was actually trying to manufacture equipment I had designed and then establish an online shop to sell parts and build services. After a year of trying and a lot of money down the tubes I threw in the towel as the workload just kept doubling! It gave me a lot of perspective on how hard it is to bring something to the market that has all of the kinks worked out and then to also be on top of support and participating in the community you're serving. So kudos to the guys like you that get it done and manage to not go entirely insane. The guys that did it all themselves before there were computers must have been ironmen, the Carl Goldbergs and Bud Nosens of the RC world that kitted great flying airplanes without a single computer for drawing plans, prototyping parts, etc. Just lots of x-acto blades, early mornings and late nights, and probably plenty of coffee!

Bart

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Tony

I dont know about smooth flying but I know Bunky F. knuckle was in my camper trailer at the bowling green fly in and I was surprised as I opened the door to walk in he was watching "gladiator" films quoting he was "sparticus"

-Rick-

100cc
Thank you for sharing that Steve and Bart! This is no longer just a website, its feels like a personal space, its a place to meet and make new friends and stay in touch with old friends. Its a home for friendship, good times and learning.