• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bart

N726AC

70cc twin V2
Thanks Bart !! Do I get a chili or something for starting such a flattering thread?? ;) BTW, this is post # 48 for me, still post whoring.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
N726AC;3545 wrote: Thanks Bart !! Do I get a chili or something for starting such a flattering thread?? ;) BTW, this is post # 48 for me, still post whoring.

i figured people might be skeptical and that the whole situation might be a bit weird given that a lot of you guys are long time friends so having to explain isn't a surprise. if anything it's a good opportunity to let you know where we're coming from and what you guys are supporting by being here.

i'd like to close the thread and let it drift off into the archives but it's your call as the OP. it's a little embarrassing but whatever you guys want is fine with me.

bart

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
N726AC;3545 wrote: Thanks Bart !! Do I get a chili or something for starting such a flattering thread?? ;) BTW, this is post # 48 for me, still post whoring.

Hey Tony, you lost your slimer identity. Thumbs up smiley inserted here.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Bartman;3596 wrote: i figured people might be skeptical and that the whole situation might be a bit weird given that a lot of you guys are long time friends so having to explain isn't a surprise. if anything it's a good opportunity to let you know where we're coming from and what you guys are supporting by being here.

i'd like to close the thread and let it drift off into the archives but it's your call as the OP. it's a little embarrassing but whatever you guys want is fine with me.

bart

Bart your personal answer, along with Sleepy's comments say huge things about character and honesty. I believe those are the traits that were lacking at the "site that shall not be mentioned". I think I may have met the OP once or twice and from what I remember he tries to avoid controversy on threads?. My opinion is leave the thread up and open, but since N72... started the thread let Mr. G decide. Smiley face with a thumbs up here.

N726AC

70cc twin V2
Bartman;3596 wrote: i figured people might be skeptical and that the whole situation might be a bit weird given that a lot of you guys are long time friends so having to explain isn't a surprise. if anything it's a good opportunity to let you know where we're coming from and what you guys are supporting by being here.

bart

Sure, add this one to the archives, it has served its' purpose. Thanks again to Bart and Sleepy for the info. (sorry Daytonarc)

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
after the F*ingGiants debacle and they decided to spin this up. But I may have misunderstood what was said in that post.

This has probably been asked ad infinitum, but what exactly WAS the debacle??

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
someone wanted to be the superstar of the site even though he didn't really have that kind of appeal to anyone that ever met him. sleepy got in the way of that.

the rest is what it is.

Jgsticks

50cc
I can't believe they did not buy out Sleepy so he would not become their competition. That's not very smart bussiness on their part.

Mikeq

150cc
Jgsticks;19639 wrote: I can't believe they did not buy out Sleepy so he would not become their competition. That's not very smart bussiness on their part.

Just because you are rich doesn't mean you are smart... **********'s motive for doing what he did may never be known but I do think he grossly underestimated Sleepy's entourage and now he is starting to feel the repercussions of his decision.