• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
Hey @Tseres.

Your Camel is coming along great. I want to build a WW1 bird some day and I REALLY like the BUSA Albatross. I'd love to do one with a natural wood finish on the fuse, but there is only problem. That kit is WAY above my skill level . . . . :ugh:.

Keep up the great work on your Camel. . . . . :way_to_go:

Thanks. The Albatross is on my to do list. Skill can be learned. my problem is that it's above my financial level. :) I will sell something in the future and will get one.

Tseres

150cc
I'm getting a new hardware pack. While I was on the phone with them this morning I decided to also get an aluminum Cowl. Other then it being cool I think it'll help with balance. Shouldn't be long before it gets here and I'll get back on it then.

Meanwhile the indoor season is upon us here in Indiana. THat means Pizza Box Combat. All my old plans were shot.I'm finally giving up on the Pizza Hut plane. I'm replacing it with my last kit that I had laying around. I wanted to make it look like a Camel. So I got the Magic Markers out and put some Roundels on it. Also colored the tail Blue White and Red... I was looking at it before coming in the house. I think it looks like an Owl. LOL

IMG_1468.JPG
IMG_1469.JPG

Tseres

150cc
I was hoping to have the Hardware package here today. No Joy.
frown.gif

Decided to put the Vickers together... It's ready for paint. I probably should have waited so it don't get messed up. I'll pack it up in some bubble wrap if I can find some.

It's progress. Sort of. :)

IMG_1499.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG

Tseres

150cc
ere is another out of turn step but it is progress.
smile.gif
Built the landing gear this afternoon. The kit didn't come wit an Axle that bridged the gap between the LG Struts. I bought an extra 5/32 diameter rod from the LHS and some 5/32 ID Brass tubing to finish the axle the way it should be done. Learned how to do this on my Fokker from Steve Percifield. The Brass tube fits the ID of the Sullivan wheels perfect.

That's it for today. Have to go Christmas Shopping.
smile.gif
IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1507.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG
IMG_1509.JPG