• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Assembly: Aeroworks QB 150cc Yak 55M

Joe Hunt

150cc
Those Votec's you did back in the day were sick. I still dream about owning one of those.

wall_votec_68.jpg

The first one was especially amazing. I had only been flying about 2 years, mostly Carden's. I really wasn't ready for that plane. I would have liked to have flown that same one right when I quit in 2007. I was flying my best right when I quit. haha

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Some updates:

I have 8 gallons of mostly redline @ 40-1 through the 3W 170 CS engine. It's slowly breaking in (I picked up some lawnboy which I could still run). The more power the motor makes the more fun I have flying the plane. I ran a Mejzlik 30-13 EVO FL on the plane and it really made the plane fast with unlimited vertical. But, I just don't get these pylon racing props, yet. haha The downlines are way too fast and I just don't like them. I put on an old trusty Mejzlik 32-10 and, as always, the precision flying was fantastic. They don't have the upline pullout of a 30-13 prop, but they have downline breaking and they fly the plane through maneuvers much smoother and more controllable, to me. So far since I've been back at it this year I've like the Falcon 31-12 the best overall.

The Hitec 9380s continue to impress the hell out of me. I have the single elevator servos on 2" arms in the 1-3/4" hole. I have over 50 degrees of throw on the elevators. I'm hammering maneuvers with full 3D elevator deflection and the servos are having no problem dealing with it.

I didn't trust the Tech-Aero IBEC unit for awhile, but I have no reason to doubt it at this point. Very convenient device, for me.

I was surprised the plane did not sell for big money immediately, but maybe I'm the only one that thinks it's cool. haha Here are two shots I took with my android tonight after sunset, and a video Smok'n Joe took with his iphone just before sunset. I like the video because you can hear how good the engine is running. It's very powerful, transitions great, and is smooth:
View attachment 43423 View attachment 43424

Beautiful airplane Joe but seriously, let's get @Decal Dennis to swag it up a bit so you can take it out and show it off properly. There will be plenty of room on the wings once you remove that other stuff that someone must have put on there when you weren't looking!

Why don't you get a SW branch of the GiantScaleNews.com IMAC team up and running and let that airplane get some wind across its wings!

I'll talk to @Pistolera about joining up with me for a NE squad, chainsaws and extension ladders brought along, no extra charge!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Sold this airframe today to make room for more airframes. :) I had been talking to a giantscalenews.com member about crating and shipping it to him. Then a local flyer wanted it and showed up with cash. I was in a pickle. I called the GSN member and he let me off the hook. Good guy, I would have liked him to have the plane, too. Anyway, I hope we're still good buddies and I just wanted to say he's a class act. :)

on the other hand, if you sold it then we'll have to wait for the GSN IMAC team to achieve world domination. :(

Joe Hunt

150cc
Beautiful airplane Joe but seriously, let's get @Decal Dennis to swag it up a bit so you can take it out and show it off properly. There will be plenty of room on the wings once you remove that other stuff that someone must have put on there when you weren't looking!

Why don't you get a SW branch of the GiantScaleNews.com IMAC team up and running and let that airplane get some wind across its wings!

I'll talk to @Pistolera about joining up with me for a NE squad, chainsaws and extension ladders brought along, no extra charge!

I would like some GSN vinyl for me' planes! :)

I'll start working on the SW branch of GSN team IMAC! Anyone here interested?