• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Are you going to register with the FAA? Cast Your Vote!

Are you going to register with the FAA?

• Yes

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Just to be "perfectly clear", I do not blame the current administration for the ama faa garbage. We were fine untill people started endangering manned craft with the multi head weedwhippers and spy goggles. Actually, I dont blame the faa either. The ama however, is done. I will never join or be a part of that organization again. They chose money over common sense. My continuing in this hobby will pivot on weather I can find private land to fly on.......and register with the faa if it is law.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Any word if the AMA is going to let our AMA numbers represent and register for us? Current Model Aviation's "Presidents Corner"
is old hat. Typical......Days late and Dollars short.

Judge

70cc twin V2
Any word if the AMA is going to let our AMA numbers represent and register for us? Current Model Aviation's "Presidents Corner"
is old hat. Typical......Days late and Dollars short.

It is not up to the AMA, that is entirely an FAA decision. Last I've heard that is what AMA is shooting for, but who knows if the FAA will allow that or not. Next weekend at the AMA Expo the FAA will give a talk on Sunday, and I am sure this will be one of the hot topics along with their back door 400 foot altitude cap attempt.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It is not up to the AMA, that is entirely an FAA decision. Last I've heard that is what AMA is shooting for, but who knows if the FAA will allow that or not. Next weekend at the AMA Expo the FAA will give a talk on Sunday, and I am sure this will be one of the hot topics along with their back door 400 foot altitude cap attempt.

Thanks for the update;).

sweetpea

100cc
The AMA does not have my PERMISSION to hand over my personal data (name/address/phone etc) to Register with the FAA.

I will file against them if they do so without my permission.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well being that I have lived under "Uniformed Codes" "Building Codes" "Safety Codes" "Business Codes" "Health Codes" "Ethic Codes" "Waste Management Codes" "Forestry Codes" " Marine Codes" "Food and Drug Codes" "Property Codes" "Clean Air Codes" " Automotive Codes" "Can't Fart (without permission) Codes" What's one more going to hurt??? "Toy Plane Code" We can live under it! At least 399.9 feet. lol