• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Are you going to register with the FAA? Cast Your Vote!

Are you going to register with the FAA?

• Yes

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters

BalsaDust

If just the $5 every three years covers all your planes is as far as they push it then yeah I will. I can see this getting stupid really quick though if they start saying every plane we have needs to be registered and then what about guys like me that destroy one every couple of weeks.

Joe Hunt

150cc
I think I read on the AMA site this morning where they are not going to make an AMA requirement. That it is up to the individual... not club enforced. I think I read that. haha Sounds to me like the AMA has already blown this thing and it's all over but the crying at this point.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Can't see why this is even a question except for those who just don't care about the hobby. Run this poll again in six months and the results will show even more "yes" when people settle down.

Just my guess.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I think I read on the AMA site this morning where they are not going to make an AMA requirement. That it is up to the individual... not club enforced. I think I read that. haha Sounds to me like the AMA has already blown this thing and it's all over but the crying at this point.
I would imagine every club will require it, if not they may be held liable for allowing an illegal pilot to fly on the property.
And to go one step further any individual whom like's what they have will do it or else they will be liable. No insurance will cover an accident having occurred during the commission of a crime.

sweetpea

100cc
Regardless if you choose to sign up with the Govt......

I don't believe the AMA has the legal authority to register you with the Govt without your permission.

And while $5 is no big deal now.....you can bet the Govt having your name means future issues when that turns to $50+, inspections, etc. They will know you fly.