• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Are you going to register with the FAA? Cast Your Vote!

Are you going to register with the FAA?

• Yes

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters

rmyers

70cc twin V2
It just dawned on me that there had to have been flight restrictions in place all around where the President was vacationing (golfing). They grounded us when he last visited here and our field is at least 15 miles from the airport and 7 miles from where the event was. Gives me a lot of confidence in the FAA. Hell they'll probably invite the droner to the White House next.

Judge

70cc twin V2
There is almost always a 30NM blanket TFR that includes models around VIP movements. They existed before Obama and they will exist after him.

Judge

70cc twin V2
Including Obama as a VIP in the 30 HNM blanket TFR is the ultimate oxymoron.

No matter what you may personally feel about the man, he is the elected President of the United States and gets the same level of security that every other President gets and deserves. Mostly because there are always people who may decide to take action on their hatred. Four sitting Presidents have been assassinated in office and a fair number of others have had attempts made on their lives. TFRs are a fact of life and are born in the Department of Homeland Security and Secret Service.

Judge

70cc twin V2
TFRs are a fact of life now. Get over it.

AMA has been able to get a waiver in 2 cases I know of for a jet event held in the Palm Springs area, so they are making progress. But then again, the FAA stepped in and closed ALL flying sites within the DC SFRA last week. So one tiny step forward and 5 giant steps backwards with the FAA.