• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Are you going to register with the FAA? Cast Your Vote!

Are you going to register with the FAA?

• Yes

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters
$5 bucks is so in the noise, and I'm enjoying the AMA/FAA bantar as much as I'm enjoying social media coverage of Trump crushing Hillary! I'll decide on 2/19

Judge

70cc twin V2
$5 bucks is so in the noise, and I'm enjoying the AMA/FAA bantar as much as I'm enjoying social media coverage of Trump crushing Hillary! I'll decide on 2/19

Yep the $5 was never an issue. And man, I hear you on Trump. I mean, a guy that can try to make hay off the fact that another person had to pee has all the makings a true leader!! Can't wait until he brings Russia to its knees by pointing out Putin takes a dump every day.!!!

Judge

70cc twin V2
Agreed, and as usual the FAA is generating more and more confusion, as is their way. One reason I am holding off per the AMA is to give the AMA time to hopefully lessen that confusion for us.

I posted this on another forum regarding the FAA wanting agreement to a 400 foot guideline as part of the registration process:

I've softened my thinking on the 400 guideline FAA wants us to agree to as part of the registration process. The only way it comes into play is if you cause an incident above 400 feet which they decide to pursue enforcement action on, most likely under Part 91.13 - Reckless/Careless operations. Even then it plays in only as a means to get you to acknowledge that you recognized a potential risk of flying over 400 feet.

FAA has zero current, or proposed, regulatory means to enforce an actual altitude limit. Which is why, to date, they have not issued a single altitude related violation because they have no FAR to point to.

The NPRM published last February makes no mention of altitude in the hobby portion, Part 101.41. In the commercial portion they do have some altitude limits for various commercial operations.

So unless, and until, I see a change to the proposed Part 101.41, I am not going to get too wrapped up about the "400-foot" rule. The real danger is in so many people, both inside and outside, the hobby acting/thinking there is such a rule.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Boy, could they give out some altitude tickets at the big freestyle competitions. No more Gabby high altitude engine kills.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Just read this on the IMAC site.....already some scammers trying to get personal info.

"For those IMAC members that have chosen to not hold off from registering, Please beware of the scams going on.

From AMA
Drone Registration Scam Sites

Shortly after the drone registration task force announced their recommendations to the FAA, fake registration websites began to appear. These sites are scamming model pilots to register in an attempt to steal personal and credit card information. Many of these fake sites look credible or appear to belong to the FAA. The FAA recently warning pilots to avoid sites that offer paid services assisting model pilots in the registration process in a post at http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=84245. Reports to the AMA about these scamming sites have increased since the FAA UAS Registration site launched on December 21.

As a reminder, the AMA suggests members hold off on registering with the FAA until advised by the AMA or until the FAA’s legal deadline of February 19. We are continuing to pursue legal and political remedies to address the registration requirement. You can learn more athttp://amablog.modelairc...stering-model-aircraft/.

Thank you,
AMA Government Relations Team "