• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anyone have a good source for Radio set-up

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Anyone have a good source for Radio set-up-
  • Dual rates for all flying styles?
  • control deflections?
  • throttle curves?

All of these things are going to differ from person to person depending on how they want their airplane to fly. Some want more throw, some want less, some prefer more expo, others less, some people want dual rates, while others just leave it on 1 rate. Throttle curves also vary widely depending on how you want the engine to perform in the air. Me personally I don't use a throttle curve with my DA70 because it has a very linear feel right out of the box with stock mufflers. My DA120 is a little peaky right in the mid range so I've opted to smooth it out a little with a slight curve. All of my airplanes use maxed throws with about 45% expo on everything as a start, then I may dial in a little more expo here and there depending on how the airplane feels.

JAG

70cc twin V2
I would say just pick up a DX18 if staying spektrum. I personally do not think the dx20 looks very good at all. Also I feel the leather on it could be a bad idea. One what will the leather look like in a couple years. Two how slippery will the leather be when your hands are sweaty. And three how bad will that leather start to smell after said sweaty hands keep grabbing it all summer long.

I loved my DX6 but needed more channels. I picked up a DX18 gen 1 brand new in the box for $325. The only feature I lost is the voice warnings but I got a heck of a deal.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Bart I have considered getting a taranis just I have so much futaba stuff already. Throttle curves are nice on the gassers and even my glow planes that run pipes. Helps give a more linear feel to it.

I still have that Taranis if you want it. Radio, case, 1 receiver and some other misc. goodies go with it. $160.00 shipped. Or if anyone else wants to buy it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have a JR 12x. Would like to program the Viper ST that is presently being built. It has the ailerons split two servos. One servo per half Aileron
Would like to be able to do the following.
1. Work as normal ailerons. All four servos.
2. With a switch the inside ailerons to flaps, and have to two outside ones still work as ailerons.

Would some body let me know where to to find a detailed description step by step how to do this. Or does someone on GSN now how to this and would he be so kind to help me out Thanks.