• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Okay fella's here's what I have for ya. My 12 old son was a bit scared so he fumbled a bit sorry about that. Second run was all up.

[video=youtube_share;ZawFUSa0oxE]http://youtu.be/ZawFUSa0oxE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
So call it 2500 watts... 8.5 pounds puts it just shy of 300 watts per pound. That is a rocket ship dude! The bad spool up is what is hurting you.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
For anyone that now owns this plane, are your hing holes in the ailerons messed up? They are on mine. I have never made one so I don't even know how you do it. Just take a razor knife and cut it? Here's a pic of one and the other is messed up even worse. Totally misaligned. As you can see in this pic there are no holes on the opposite side of each hinge plus they are not really evenly spread out. [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] did this happen with a lot of planes or is this something new and what should I do? If I try and make my own and mess up, I'll have to buy new wings. Not really in the cards guys. Help a brotha out please.

2015-04-25 18.45.33.jpg

3dNater

I'm guessing those slots are longer than the hinge is wide... is there room to move them side to side some? Also, the slots in the covering can be really hard to find/see. If you have to cut new slots it isn't super hard. You can use an exacto blade to carefully make slots. Tower sells a little slotting tool as well that I like to use. Don't worry man, you will be able to do this! I promise you aren't going to need new wings.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I just did my wing hinges last week. YES, they are misaligned, I could not believe how badly it was done. Disappointing for such a nice plane. 2 of the hinges on each wing needed adjustment. I just used a pencil to mark the location on the aileron where the hinges should go and just grabbed my hobby knife and cut slots. It was a pain but in the end the hinges turned out fine. Took about 2 hours longer than it should to simply hinge the surface. This is a QC issue that needs to be addressed, I will let [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] know about it.

Don't worry about messing up, you really can't screw up a wing/aileron by cutting slots with an Exacto.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I made very sure to not miss the slits and took my knife and slid it from side to side on each one just to make sure I knew where the end of each hole is. The other wing is real bad only two holes line up. Rudder and elevon is good to go, just the wings. I have no doubt I can do it, however sh#$ happens sometimes and if for some reason I do mess up I would have to pay for a new wing. Thats my only concern. Besides it's a principle thing. This is not what I paid for, I paid for something to be correct. I understand it's factory defect, it happens. It's what happens from here that really counts. Im not mad or upset, disappointed yes. However it's not the end of the world. Hopefully Aerobeez will help me correct the problem and I will continue to be a supportive loyal customer.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Ah to hell with it... I wouldn't be much of a modeler if I can't make a few hing slits would I.
I'll just do it myself. Hopefully they get this fixed for others.

3dNater

You will do great Bushwacker. This really is a small issue, although I agree it should have been right to begin with. Have you checked the fit of everything else? Have you put the wings, cowl, and canopy on to check? If those aren't right then you have real issues.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So [MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION] I did as you suggested and sure enough things are messed up. Cowl has 3 cracks in it and the framing is separated from the fiberglass. There are just too many things going wrong for $449. I was willing to deal with the hinge thing, but dang man.

The pic is from my phone so it's not great, but you can still see them they will only get worse over time. Hate to say it, but maybe I should of gone with my gut and did the EF. Really sucks man I "liked" this plane. It was going to be my first real serious 3D Aircraft.

2015-04-26 09.14.19.jpg2015-04-26 09.14.53.jpg