• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Alright guys I went through all my connections and found the problem. I thought it would of been one of my solder joints and was surprised to find that it was actually a factory defect on one of the bullets "see pics below". You can see pretty clearly whats going on here. Oh well problem solved and all is good to go again. Bush be a happy boy now. FYI good call Nacho and Nater

For those who don't know please click on img to see full size view. :)

View attachment 36190View attachment 36191

[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION]

Glad it was such a easy fix !

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
On anything this large, I always solder the ESC and motor together, no bullet connectors. I remember a couple buddies of mine from the beginning days of giant scale electrics doing testing on bullet connectors vs directly soldering and they found decreased performance and efficiency when using bullets. Plus it eliminates a couple of points of failure in the system, and you know it was soldered right when you do it (right, right??).

Got some more pics of the Slick in action down on the deck ;)

View attachment 36193
View attachment 36192
View attachment 36194

[MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION] Love the pictures !!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah man I do the same don't even know why I didn't this time around. Ah well good lesson and reminder why I do solder. BTW Great pics brother very nice flying.

On anything this large, I always solder the ESC and motor together, no bullet connectors. I remember a couple buddies of mine from the beginning days of giant scale electrics doing testing on bullet connectors vs directly soldering and they found decreased performance and efficiency when using bullets. Plus it eliminates a couple of points of failure in the system, and you know it was soldered right when you do it (right, right??).

Got some more pics of the Slick in action down on the deck ;)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Speaking of which, ThunderPower sent me a NEW 70C Magna today in place of my failed 55C Lightning. I'm pretty stoked about that, needless to say- AND they even fitted an EC5 to the main leads since my old pack had an EC5 on it!!!!!

This is why I buy Thunder Power packs, and support Thunder Power. Not only are they a US company, but they take care of their customers as best as they possibly can. Looking forward to strapping this pack into the Slick and seeing how it does!!!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So let us know what it's like in that Slick dude. Should notice quite a difference right out of the gate even on a new pack thats not broken in. :banana:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Will definitely notice a difference compared to the Zippy packs, my 55C TP pack didn't sag at all throughout my flight and came down around 3.8v after 6 minutes of low and slow shenanigans. This pack shouldn't even break a sweat!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well I managed a handful of flights on the 70C pack over the weekend. A noticeable performance increase compared to my aging Zippy packs. It didn't feel like there was any power fade throughout the flight at all, very consistent feeling. Of course power also went up a bit, it punched right out of a hover without hesitation whereas before it would slowly gain speed with the Zippy packs.

Still breaking the pack in so everything was a bit mellow, came down right at 3.82v/cell across the board after 6 minutes of shenanigans in the air. I could obviously push this pack to 8 minutes if I wanted to but I like to make my packs last so 6 minutes it is (this gives me headroom to land in the event I need to go around a couple of times).

Also, the Slick got some new hucking scars :D :popcorn:

20150907_110544 small.jpg

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Very cool Xpress and yes there is no denying the higher c rating packs. Love the battle scars, gives it character plus it's a great tell tail on a pilots skillz for those who know what there looking for. If it were me bud I would only fly about half the time on those packs for the first half dozen flights or so to break them in. Makes a difference... Would of liked to watch some vid of you tail draggin that Slick though dang it.