• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Alright guys I went through all my connections and found the problem. I thought it would of been one of my solder joints and was surprised to find that it was actually a factory defect on one of the bullets "see pics below". You can see pretty clearly whats going on here. Oh well problem solved and all is good to go again. Bush be a happy boy now. FYI good call Nacho and Nater

For those who don't know please click on img to see full size view. :)

2015-08-30 18.31.34.jpg2015-08-30 18.34.51.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Ditch the bullets my friend. You are running soooo much current. A solder joint will be much better and more reliable.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Already did my friend. Should of done that from the beginning, honestly I don't know why I didn't. Pretty stupid on my part. Good news is I was in a good spot and had enough altitude to land it without any drama.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I always order my Motrofly motors without connectors, it saves you money on the purchase. I use Castle 6mm bullet connectors on this size motor, I do not trust those spring style bullets that come stock.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh man I forgot to mention that I ran a set of 5000 mAh batteries in this bad boy and after 6 minutes of fairly aggressive flying I my meter read 63% geez man thats a few more minutes of flying left. I did notice the weight though, it wasn't terrible and it didn't feel like a bloated pig or anything like that. She still stayed very solid and I could do everything I was doing with the lighter packs, just needed a bit more on the rudder during KE's and other little things like that. Still it's better on the lighter packs.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Oh man I forgot to mention that I ran a set of 5000 mAh batteries in this bad boy and after 6 minutes of fairly aggressive flying I my meter read 63% geez man thats a few more minutes of flying left. I did notice the weight though, it wasn't terrible and it didn't feel like a bloated pig or anything like that. She still stayed very solid and I could do everything I was doing with the lighter packs, just needed a bit more on the rudder during KE's and other little things like that. Still it's better on the lighter packs.

5000 mah batteries compared to what? I thought yours was setup for 12S.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
On anything this large, I always solder the ESC and motor together, no bullet connectors. I remember a couple buddies of mine from the beginning days of giant scale electrics doing testing on bullet connectors vs directly soldering and they found decreased performance and efficiency when using bullets. Plus it eliminates a couple of points of failure in the system, and you know it was soldered right when you do it (right, right??).

Got some more pics of the Slick in action down on the deck ;)

Slick 12.jpg
Slick 9.jpg
Slick 13.jpg

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION] yes Bloosee it is a 12S setup and yes Nater it was 2 6S 5000 packs. I just wanted to see how it would behave with those larger batteries. No other reason that that. Didn't expect that much more flight time to be honest. One thing I think I learned is I think what would make this bird really a freak is if I put some smaller mHa batts in it and go to a true 70c batt instead of the 45c it would be just stupid crazy. Only thing is your swapping flight time for freakish power. The burst power of a 70 vs 45 is going to be significant. It already has a buttload of power on the 45's. So take the weight down and bump up the c rating and boom boom bang will need to figure out the prop though. Still looking at that supper lightweight carbon prop. Oh man this is fun stuff isn't it. :tongue: