• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 64" 20% Scale Electric Conversion MXS-R At Joe Nall 2015

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Hey [MENTION=206]I Love Nachos[/MENTION] are you getting full throw with the stock servo arms and control horns and did you stick with the servos you originally installed "HS-5565MH"? Also I would still like to know why you are thinking of changing them to the 8775's. Need some education here brother. Is it because the 5565's are so much overkill for this bird? Or is it because the 8775's are low profile and are in the speed/voltage/torque range you are looking to achieve?

Now that I know the elevator is running on two servo's instead of one I understand better at least as far as that part goes.

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The 8775s are in a shallower case and the way they install in the MSXr fuse the 5565s touch inside and I had to shim mine out to make them fit.

And yes I using the stock servo area and getting plenty of throw

lexsportsman

New to GSN!
I'm excited to say that I ordered an Aerobeez 20% MSX-R and it should be here this week! I've been flying the Black Aerobeez 30% Slick 540 with a DLE-55RA and love it. I'm hoping that I will enjoy the MXS-R with a DLE-20RA just as much as the Slick. However, I haven't found much info about how the model performs with the gas motor. I don't know that it will have the monster power that my Slick has, but I'm sure it will be plenty.

I Love Nachos: I am interested in the graphics that you made for this plane.

Carroll

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So hey guys Ive never setup a dual elevator servo type system. So do I just set it up in the TX and be done with it, and should I be running these servos on there own channel like the ailerons or put them on a Y wire? Last thing is will the TX do all the syncing? Pretty sure my DX8 with a AR8000 will do all that I need and I just put them on there own channel. Sound about right?

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
So hey guys Ive never setup a dual elevator servo type system. So do I just set it up in the TX and be done with it, and should I be running these servos on there own channel like the ailerons or put them on a Y wire? Last thing is will the TX do all the syncing? Pretty sure my DX8 with a AR8000 will do all that I need and I just put them on there own channel. Sound about right?

Yes, select dual elevator in the transmitter under aircraft type, then try and match them mechanically before setting the throws.

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Don't do a Y harness, keep them separate like your ailerons. I don't know the programming in the DX8 but I assume the terms are the same on my Hitec. Adjust the End Point Adjustments (EPA) on each channel so they match up. Make sure to mark both as elevators in the radio so that when you adjust the DR/Expo it adjusts both.