• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 64" 20% Scale Electric Conversion MXS-R At Joe Nall 2015

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Don't do a Y harness, keep them separate like your ailerons. I don't know the programming in the DX8 but I assume the terms are the same on my Hitec. Adjust the End Point Adjustments (EPA) on each channel so they match up. Make sure to mark both as elevators in the radio so that when you adjust the DR/Expo it adjusts both.

That part about mark both as elevator is not necessary in the DX8, as long as dual elevators is selected both elevator halves are "elevator" in the DR/EXPO. Spektrum makes many things rather easy, there is a trade off though in functionality.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Good info thanks guys. Looks like I will still have to shim the elevator servos even with the smaller HS-8775MG servo's, just not as much as the 5565's. So the question for me will be. Do I stay with the faster stronger 5565's and a bit less expensive or mix them up with the 8775's. Nacho said he had to shim his quite a bit. I wonder how much of a weak point that is vs smaller shim deck. I only ask cause Ive never done it.

Looks like I may be wrong about the 8775's needing a shim. I was measuring it differently than what I think they measure.
They say it's 25.4mm depth. I was measuring from the bottom of the mount to the bottom of the servo, but I think they go
up higher...toward the spines, but not all the way to the spines. If that makes sense to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

lexsportsman

New to GSN!
Received my MSX-R yesterday and I must say that I am very pleased with the quality of this airframe. I'm still getting used to the 'light' build of the 3D ARF's, so I'm not trying to pick it apart too much at this point. However, the cowling does have some chips out of the front of it. The box was undamaged and the pieces/paint that would have been broken off were not in the neatly packaged bag that the cowl was shipped in, so I'm guessing that the cowl was chipped before the plane was boxed. From what I have seen from Aerobeez so far, I have no doubt that they will get this corrected ASAP. (I'm in no hurry though.)

I'm going to set mine up with the DLE 20RA and I'm hoping that this will be enough power since I haven't seen any feedback from this setup. I still haven't decided on the servos yet. I'm leaning toward the HS7955-TGs. They are probably a little much, but I don't like to skimp on the electronics.

It looks like there are some shims included with the kit. (4 Red and 2 White) If this is what they are, then there may be some added strength when using them on the elevator servos. They will add a little thickness and distribute some of the stress. But, I can't make too much of a judgment on that yet.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I was just looking at the same motor. Was thinking about making this my first gasser. Those servo's you picked are for sure going to get the job done...LOL :)
I can speak from personal experience when I say Aerobeez customer service is top notch. So hey man please keep us updated on the motor thing will ya.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3845]lexsportsman[/MENTION] Can you send us some pictures of the chipped cowl to support@aerobeez.com? We would like to assess the damage so we may find a proper solution to your issue at hand. The DLE 20RA is the motor we are running for this plane as well. As soon as we get some pictures over we can get your problem fixed asap.

Received my MSX-R yesterday and I must say that I am very pleased with the quality of this airframe. I'm still getting used to the 'light' build of the 3D ARF's, so I'm not trying to pick it apart too much at this point. However, the cowling does have some chips out of the front of it. The box was undamaged and the pieces/paint that would have been broken off were not in the neatly packaged bag that the cowl was shipped in, so I'm guessing that the cowl was chipped before the plane was boxed. From what I have seen from Aerobeez so far, I have no doubt that they will get this corrected ASAP. (I'm in no hurry though.)

I'm going to set mine up with the DLE 20RA and I'm hoping that this will be enough power since I haven't seen any feedback from this setup. I still haven't decided on the servos yet. I'm leaning toward the HS7955-TGs. They are probably a little much, but I don't like to skimp on the electronics.

It looks like there are some shims included with the kit. (4 Red and 2 White) If this is what they are, then there may be some added strength when using them on the elevator servos. They will add a little thickness and distribute some of the stress. But, I can't make too much of a judgment on that yet.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION]

Hey guys I would like to put some metal servo arms on my MSXR, can you tell me what size I need
for pull pull rudder/elevators/ailerons and if you have them or not? Servos Im running are Hitec HS-8775MG/HS-5565MH.

Thanks much,

Bush

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
[MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION]

Hey guys I would like to put some metal servo arms on my MSXR, can you tell me what size I need
for pull pull rudder/elevators/ailerons and if you have them or not? Servos Im running are Hitec HS-8775MG/HS-5565MH.

Thanks much,

Bush

The stock arms should be strong enough as well as long enough. I had to dial back both my elevator and rudder just using the stock Hitec arms. If you want something a little fancier though I am a big fan of the Miracle arms. The 1.25-1.5 arms should be more than enough on the elevator and I would guess around 3" for the pull pull. I don't have my plane in front of me so I'm not sure what the stock arm is at. If you do buy miracle arms be aware that the 8775MG servos have 25T spline on them so even though they are hitec, you would need to order the Futaba arms. The 5565s are the standard Hitec servo spline.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Thanks Nacho, and yes it really is all about the bling nothing else. Just want to make it look pertty. :) Still contemplating on going with gas on this one too.
Does someone make silencers for these gas motors so as to get it real quiet? Well as quiet as I can without sacrificing much performance. Some of the motors
Ive been looking at are...
DLE-20RA
EVO-20GX 20cc
VVRC 20cc
RCG 20cc
As I have never flown a gas bird or worked with one I have no idea...Im clueless... And because I am me if thought I could get a DA 35 or DLE 35RA
in it and everything would be okay I would probably do that. Wouldn't really be doing much 3D flying with that setup, just fast big stuff. :) :)

Bipenut53

150cc
I just bought the vvrc 21cc low profile for my 60" vvrc profile yak. Very nice engine, I have yet to fire it up but hopefully very soon.... I can let you know how the stock exhaust sounds when I do......