• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 26% 74" Slick540 Build, Maiden Log!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Nate, are you telling me you tried to go under a closing garage door with your airframe in your hands?

:facepalm:

Lol... no. Let me clarify. I was working on the plane in the kitchen. The kitchen has a connecting door (standard 3' wide) to the garage with a self-closing hinge. I opened the door with the plane in my hands and tried to get the tail through far enough to catch it with my foot before it hit the plane.

Dont worry... I have upgraded my door passing process to include a door stop so this won't happen again :D

SnowDog

Lol... no. Let me clarify. I was working on the plane in the kitchen. The kitchen has a connecting door (standard 3' wide) to the garage with a self-closing hinge. I opened the door with the plane in my hands and tried to get the tail through far enough to catch it with my foot before it hit the plane.

Dont worry... I have upgraded my door passing process to include a door stop so this won't happen again :D

oh I understand now...that's only mildly less "ouchy"...I still think it warrants a :facepalm:

:flyer:

I think I would remove the spring from the door ;)

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Slick540 Anyone?

Great Flying!

[video=youtube;KzlCiR2afn8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzlCiR2afn8&list=UU_r5C9Y5a4ijXotyKhZqBrA[/video]

3dNater

Very nice flying indeed. I can definitely tell your setup is more effective than mine. I don't get that roll rate or pitch authority. I have moved my battery back and increased elevator throw since my last flight though. I'm excited to get mine all figured out! For now I'm just happy to see that the plane is capable of how I want to fly it once I get my setup tweaked to my liking :D

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Try and see if you can achieve 50 degrees of Elevator travel. That helps in the tail to "squat" a lot faster.

3dNater

Try and see if you can achieve 50 degrees of Elevator travel. That helps in the tail to "squat" a lot faster.

Thanks for the tip. Some feedback I have is... the pre-hinged elevators are really convenient, but not if they are too tight. I could only get 38 degrees on one and 45 on the other before servos started to bind and the stabs started to flex. I cut them off and have re-hinged them to get about 55 degrees. I also ordered some longer servo arms for ailerons. I noticed Santiago is getting a much faster roll rate than I am and his look very axial. I need to spend some time working on my aileron setup for more axial rolls. Most of my issues are just a factor of not having time to play with it yet.

Oh, and the setback I had when I decided to use it to dig up a bush a few weeks ago lol. I am happy to report that it has passed my durability test since all that broke was the main gear. I was sure I would be doing tons of rebuilding after that crash but the airframe repairs were limited to patching a bit of covering. Very strong landing gear plate design!

It has just not been possible to get out there since tax season really got going. The rush is subsiding now so I look forward to getting this bird out there again soon.

Last edited by a moderator: