• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D A Red Aero RC 108 Corvus is born!

Just checked on the weight differences between the 2 canisters. The TD 110's are 100g heavier than the TD 75's. So, approx 200 grams heavier. So, I think that the rudder servo will go into the tail for CG reasons, then I'll have to buy a set of SWB turnbuckles for the pushrod, once I determine how long it needs to be. And I also believe that the batteries will have to go under the canopy or behind the hatch.

I'll be able to use my new CG machine that a good friend makes. I've had it a year, and haven't used it yet. Don't have to worry about lifting by the wing tips, or crawling under the airplane, and lifting that way.

N726AC

70cc twin V2
Bunk, before committing to rear mounted rudder servo(s), check CG. I have WW cannisters and had to move the rudder servos from the tail to a central pull-pull for CG reasons.

Planned on it, GreenE! ;) Thanks for the info too. These TD 110's will barely be aft of the wing tube. Where did yours settle in at on CG?? I've also got to manufacture a 1 3/8" motor mount spacer for the DA 120. I guess while Im at it, make a 2nd on for mine.

Again, nothing in stone until it comes time to do CG checks.

Im gonna PP you for the purchase of my 108" Corvus to be picked up at Nooga next weekend. ;) Price you quoted me still in good standings?? If you dont remember, check our facebook messages. ;)

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
Bunky F. Knuckle;2001 wrote: More.

In the last pic, you'll see some[COLOR= #FF0000] FG[/COLOR] cloth on the upper outside corners. I did that for a little reason. With the DA 120 on the front, and the possibility of it shaking, I need all the reinforcement I can get. I'll be doing this as well to my new 108" Corvus, and incorporating it on my EG 108" 330SC.

Are those letters allowed here?:upset:

Met with the Dr. today whos airplane this belongs to. Picked up the Fuuuuuuuuutuuuuuuubaaaaaaaaa Rx and SmartFly PE for the 6014 along with a SF opto kill. Still needing the couplers for the DA120 to the MTW 110 cans. But I anticipate in 2 weeks, it'll be done.

Then I get a friends Carden 300 wing panel coming in for covering. We were at a fly in 2 weeks ago, and he was involved in a midair. Lost the other airplane completely, and all he lost was the outer most 12" of the right wing panel.

N726AC

70cc twin V2
Hey Bunky, yup all is still good. I'll let you investigate and see where I have the CG yourself,,, but YOU GOTTA BE THERE!! I'm bringing another one just in case somebody else wants one. ;)