• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

97 Gee Bee Y

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Pbilt024;14953 wrote: That's sharp Chad, everyone loves to see a Gee Bee! Those landings are tough though!

Not this one! The r2 was a night mare on the ground. The gee bee senior sportster like this one has a longer tail moment and handles no worse or better than a cub.

Taildraggerrc;14971 wrote: Not this one! The r2 was a night mare on the ground. The gee bee senior sportster like this one has a longer tail moment and handles no worse or better than a cub.

GeeBee R2 sucked donkey kong for landings. Had to 3 point them.

Just put the Saito Radial in it and be done.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I remember taking my old one to a funfly and while I was setting up a couple of peanut gallery members were giving me grief about flight characteristics of the "Gee Bee". When I took off they said "this should be interesting". Just like chad said, I did high speed KE passes with no effort LOW inverted passes and general scale flying with the greasiest worm tickling landing. They did not talk to me after that, hmm.

Does the new version require tail wires? Also on my old (2008'ish) version it had struts that came up from the wings to the fuse, but they were a PITA and were not mandatory to use. Can't wait to see what you do for power.

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Terryscustom;15019 wrote: I remember taking my old one to a funfly and while I was setting up a couple of peanut gallery members were giving me grief about flight characteristics of the "Gee Bee". When I took off they said "this should be interesting". Just like chad said, I did high speed KE passes with no effort LOW inverted passes and general scale flying with the greasiest worm tickling landing. They did not talk to me after that, hmm.

Does the new version require tail wires? Also on my old (2008'ish) version it had struts that came up from the wings to the fuse, but they were a PITA and were not mandatory to use. Can't wait to see what you do for power.

No tail wires required!

Also it includes the support struts but I do not see them being needed. This thing has a bit of wood. They are for looks and just 8 more bolts to attach:)

Pancake

50cc
I love GeeBees too! I'd stick with a decent 2 stroke. The saito radials are heavy and pretty gutless from my experience.

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Well.. Got the gee bee in the air for the first time Saturday. 

What a pussycat! Flies like a big cub. Point rolls and knife edge is awesome and majestic. I ended up using an electric set up I had. Planned on a gas motor but I had a rimfire 65cc, castle icehv160, 8000 mah 12s in my 50cc Corvus and was too heavy. Balanced the gee bee perfect, and pulled it verticals plenty of power..

a friend took a few minutes of vid of the first flight and it's on my Facebook.

Mikeq

150cc
Taildraggerrc said
Well.. Got the gee bee in the air for the first time Saturday. 

What a pussycat! Flies like a big cub. Point rolls and knife edge is awesome and majestic. I ended up using an electric set up I had. Planned on a gas motor but I had a rimfire 65cc, castle icehv160, 8000 mah 12s in my 50cc Corvus and was too heavy. Balanced the gee bee perfect, and pulled it verticals plenty of power..

a friend took a few minutes of vid of the first flight and it's on my Facebook.
Chad...are you going to sell that plane?  I saw where the firewall was stamped DA-85...in your opinion is a DA-85 too much engine?

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys... Mike.. We are entertaining the idea.. I want more time on mine to determine its livelihood... that being since I didn't design the plane just an anonymous find on my part with a new factory..

This plane would fly perfect with a 60cc or da70.. The 85 would be good too..

my electric set up has the power close to a da85 and it has unlimited vertical.. Weighs 22 lbs..it is a floater now and a light 60cc will require nose weight..