• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

View attachment 21302

Thanks for the idea,the ply worked great and will use it as a drill guide later.

I talked to Tom at VVRC about me tig welding an angle into the exhaust for Clearance in the cowl and he said a few people have already done it and will not hurt anything and he is trying to get the manufacture to put an angle on the exhaust stock. If you would like me to do this for you after you see mine and it works out I will just let me know.

Keep us in the loop on the angled muffer mod. Hopefully if VVRC can get the MFG to put an angle on the mufflers maybe then they can offer an exchange program for a set of the angled version. Does the orientation of how the muffers are mounted determine if they are going to hit the cowl up front? I haven't test mounted mine yet so I'm not sure. Looking at this post on a different forum it looks like the mufflers are not hitting the cowl but I'm not sure if that's because how he has the cowl cut.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26603252&postcount=16733

m0dest

30cc
According to Joe this engine fits nicely in the Edge, this engine was going to replace the dle30 until I sold it unfortunately.

I don't see any mods and if Joe did any he would have definitely mentioned it.

image.jpg

There is not any mods needed unless you want to install the exhaust in the back position they fit with the down tubes in the forward position.heres my angled exhaust. They still need to be cleaned up. View attachment 21323

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    926.5 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain this? This is the manual I got with my VVRC 40cc Twin. Look at the mufflers and look at what I recieved? What is the discrepency?

gyro

GSN Contributor
The ones in the pic on the manual appear to be chrome dipped, whereas the ones he received appear to be simple polished metal.

Right?