• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

I noticed the older vvrc twins had chrome exhaust and polished crank case maybe it's an older pic. I was scared to weld as I thought they were cast aluminum because of there weird color .

I noticed the older vvrc twins had chrome exhaust and polished crank case maybe it's an older pic. I was scared to weld as I thought they were cast aluminum because of there weird color .

Yeah I understand your concern. Your mufflers look good. I just wish VVRC would offer them in this config. Between the manual and what I got was something I just noticed. It wouldn't caused me any concern until you posted the pic's of the muffler hitting the cowl.

Yeah I understand your concern. Your mufflers look good. I just wish VVRC would offer them in this config. Between the manual and what I got was something I just noticed. It wouldn't caused me any concern until you posted the pic's of the muffler hitting the cowl.

Don't let it bug ya just mount them in the forward position if you look at the pictures of the other guys plane it looks fine and most people prob wouldn't even know. Having a twin in this airframe is the important thing.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I did the forward position:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392865306.226084.jpg

Don't let it bug ya just mount them in the forward position if you look at the pictures of the other guys plane it looks fine and most people prob wouldn't even know. Having a twin in this airframe is the important thing.

10-4. I just haven't had the time to test fit the mufflers and check the cowl clearance. I'm sure it will be all good! Just an observation between the manual and the actual mufflers that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
No, actually it's up with our site's mad scientist [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] now awaiting installation into his 74"

Gotcha. I have a few ideas were to install the servo but want it as far away from the engine and still be excess able. Picking up my throttle servo tomorrow so I will figure it out then.

I had to flip the mufflers around from the Yak to the Extra. I was considering getting a Hangar 9 inverza for this motor at some point and if I got all the measurements right the engine would just bolt straight to the firewall with no standoffs which requires the mufflers to go a certain way. IF we get these little Baja car mufflers work we might have to fiddle with them some more to that getup to fit into the can tunnel.

Is that sign for Hell Michigan? I was born just outside of there (literally).