• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

gyro

GSN Contributor
yes i ran the PTE on the slick before i got the OS

Sweet, so 20x6 huh? I'm putting the PTE onto a 72" Extra, and run nothing less than an 8 pitch on my other quarter scales... What do you like better about the 20x6?

Thanks,

Gary

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The lower pitch would slow the plane down a bunch and act like a big air brake when you cut the throttle and it would climb like a homesick angel. I wouldn't run one however because I don't think I'd get the high energy and speed that I like. I know the PTE can turn a 20x10 with pretty good authority and be hovering at half throttle. I just don't want to turn it into an all-out speed machine.

Do you guys think a carbon pop will pull more amps than the Xoar I've been running? I've wanted to try one out. It's alot of $$ to put out only for it to over draw my system. Just curious.

the thing i like most about the 20x6 over the 20x10 besides the faster throttle response is i can be more precise with my throttle control. the 20x6 will move lots of air across the surfaces when in high alpha without as much torque effect on the airframe when blipping the throttle.

Yes the 20x6 also slows the plane down nicely... LOL this airplane is so floaty you kind of have to use the prop to get the plane slow down.... it just wants to keep flying :cool:

the plane will fly plenty fast with the 20x6 to do any trick you want! (it is the prop
3DHS recommends for it)

the 19x8 for me didnt get enough air over the ailerons in a harrier but gives superb throttle response.

the 20x8 and 20x10 i tried were very torqey when blipping the throttle and harder for me to be "precise" with the throttle... which i think is very important when a hundred RPM is the difference between harrier landing and climbing out .... I guess what im trying to say is i can fly smoother (and slower) with the 20x6.

I would rate the vess 20A next in smoothness but it wont give you the braking force of a true 20x6.... the vess will lock in on a hover like nobodys business but for a good do it all prop i think everyone needs a 20x6 to try at least once.

Last edited by a moderator: