• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Well a swapped out the Torque v2 motor for the motrolfly dm4315-480 on my yellow MXS and still flys very nice.
Was finding the torque motor, although a hell of a power house was also a battery eater. On 16x8 Xoar prop, only getting 5 minutes out of 6s3300 packs.
The motrolfly has a bit less punch but still pulls plenty strong IMHO.

What's everyone's verdict on the motor choice on this plane.

I'm running a castle ice 100 pushed under the first former and gonna swap to an ice lite 100 that I have to see if I can get my cg a little closer to neutral.

She is still a little nose heavy with my packs against the wing tube.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Thanks Guys,
I;ve got 6 flights on mine with the 4315-480 and no issues at all and seems like plenty of punch. Not as much as the torque v2 but also not as thirsty on electrons either.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Guys,
I;ve got 6 flights on mine with the 4315-480 and no issues at all and seems like plenty of punch. Not as much as the torque v2 but also not as thirsty on electrons either.

20kv on 6s is just under 500rpm... Impressive you're able to notice the difference!

-Gary

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
certainly noticeable gary.

On 16x8 I get about 8500rpm on the torque peak and around 8000 on the 480kv.

Certainly feel it on punch out and anything full throttle like pop tops and so forth.

And I had the throttle end point dialed back to get that 8500rpm on the torque. She was well over 89amps peak if I let it go unrestricted.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
IMO the Torque is absolutely the best on a Xoar 15x8. I get an easy 1530 watts with a decent battery, 6 minute flights, and everything stays relatively cool (will be better once I baffle it). I was getting squealing and over amping on the 16x8 (about 85 amps). The 16x8 would be OK with proper throttle management and if you had some older, low-C batteries.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
IMO the Torque is absolutely the best on a Xoar 15x8. I get an easy 1530 watts with a decent battery, 6 minute flights, and everything stays relatively cool (will be better once I baffle it). I was getting squealing and over amping on the 16x8 (about 85 amps). The 16x8 would be OK with proper throttle management and if you had some older, low-C batteries.

Is that your choice for the 60" extra too? I am flipping between 15x6 and 15x8 on the stock with 6s 3300s

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Yes, definitely. I also have a carbon Aeronaut 15x8 you can try if you want...it's a thicker blade with a bit more pitch which will get you another 150 watts or so and is insanely fast.