• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Parts for a RWB available. Wings, tube, bag, gear, pants, fairings, wheels, axles, fuse is damaged fwd of F1. Nosed in after a solder joint let go. Wings like new w/ stars
Send a PM if interested. Thanks.

Or! I'd gladly buy a fuse with canopy and cowl from you in any color (RWB preferred). Let me know if you hear of any available. Thanks.

dth7

Well found the canopy n cowl. Time to order a fuse. Winter project. Guts going in the Laser I think for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to order my Extra and heard nothing but awesome things about it. Was passionate about the red scheme, but another person at my field has it so I guess it the blue scheme. Any suggestions on the setup and what best. Currently looking to go with the recommended setup by Extreme Flight, but just had concerns about costs on 6S batteries. Anyone have good suggestions on descent batteries that won't break my pocket? Does anyone fly this with the HK Turnigy batteries? Thanks for the suggestions in advance. Can't wait to start my build!

dth7

I'm looking to order my Extra and heard nothing but awesome things about it. Was passionate about the red scheme, but another person at my field has it so I guess it the blue scheme. Any suggestions on the setup and what best. Currently looking to go with the recommended setup by Extreme Flight, but just had concerns about costs on 6S batteries. Anyone have good suggestions on descent batteries that won't break my pocket? Does anyone fly this with the HK Turnigy batteries? Thanks for the suggestions in advance. Can't wait to start my build!

Stock power combo and Hitec 7245 (recommended) are the way to go. I did use a beefier Airtronics on the elevator (don't have the model #, on the road). There are a couple build threads out there Batts- GensAce 3300 25c and Glaciers 3300 30c both in the $60 +\- range are great. Tough finding the GA in stock. Nothing wrong with the same scheme, you can bling it your way with vinyl!
You are going to love it! Enjoy.

hone

150cc
Stock power combo and Hitec 7245 (recommended) are the way to go. I did use a beefier Airtronics on the elevator (don't have the model #, on the road). There are a couple build threads out there Batts- GensAce 3300 25c and Glaciers 3300 30c both in the $60 +\- range are great. Tough finding the GA in stock. Nothing wrong with the same scheme, you can bling it your way with vinyl!
You are going to love it! Enjoy.

+1 There is also Haiyin lipos which are a little cheaper but also slightly heavier. I don't mind the extra weight and the packs are holding up great after a year.

BTW Daren, I saw your post about the bearings for the torque. Shoot me a PM and i can send you some.

Thanks! I'm just curious with the 6s setup if I'm going to get a lot more power. If so I might just bite the bullet for it. I was at the Bowling Green 3D throw down and Extreme Flight mentioned to one of my buddies about Haiyin 6s packs(haiyinstore.com) was a good lipo for the budget. Anyone using those?

dth7

+1 There is also Haiyin lipos which are a little cheaper but also slightly heavier. I don't mind the extra weight and the packs are holding up great after a year.

BTW Daren, I saw your post about the bearings for the torque. Shoot me a PM and i can send you some.

Great! PM in the way.

hone

150cc
Bookmarked! I'll have to try those. They hold up as well as the GA and glaciers? I'm using the glacier 4s 2200 in the EDFs and they are taking the big draw fine.

Yeah they're doing great. I have some Glaciers that i purchased around the same time that are holding up good but they do get slightly warmer than the Haiyins now and are a little softer. I would buy both brands again since they both deliver great power and seem to be of good quality but from my small sample the Haiyins are winning the longevity test.