• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

50cc ultimate wing modification

AeroWorks

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That is why I was asking what color plane he has I would like to try to replace the wings for him if possible. The last thing I want is for anyone is to have any kind of problem with one of or planes.

As with any manufacturer sometimes it is necessary to make modifications to help extend the life of a product or enhance the performance of a product. We work hard to work with every customer to give them the best product and experience possible.

Thank you

Rocco

AeroWorks

ChickenBalls;15190 wrote: What equipment are you gonna run in her [MENTION=1079]thesteam[/MENTION]? I don't think rocco would have an issue replacing your plane if the wing fails, with his suggested equipment. You shouldn't have to cut into a new plane, that you paid top $$ for.

AeroWorks;15204 wrote: That is why I was asking what color plane he has I would like to try to replace the wings for him if possible. The last thing I want is for anyone is to have any kind of problem with one of or planes.

As with any manufacturer sometimes it is necessary to make modifications to help extend the life of a product or enhance the performance of a product. We work hard to work with every customer to give them the best product and experience possible.

Thank you

Rocco

AeroWorks

I bought the Red/Yellow/Black model, Rocco. This is great news and fantastic customer service! My current address is listed in my account information on your website. Email is the same too. Thanks!

ChickenBalls;15190 wrote: What equipment are you gonna run in her [MENTION=1079]thesteam[/MENTION]? I don't think rocco would have an issue replacing your plane if the wing fails, with his suggested equipment. You shouldn't have to cut into a new plane, that you paid top $$ for.

I bought an OS GT55.

Bradysfree

New to GSN!
15524=9156-20140721_113145.jpg

Here is how I installed the spar in mine. maybe the photos will help

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
In addition to the spar, looks like you also soaked the existing joint with epoxy. Or did you open that up at all to get epoxy all the way in?

emtp275

100cc

The last thing i want to do is add a pound to new plane

Bradysfree

New to GSN!
I went ahead and put in epoxy. After I got into the wing I noticed that the cabane attachments were fairly loose. I had used some CA glue to tack down the covering where the attachments come through. That was what was holding them steady. When I removed the covering some of the ca came with it. That's when I noticed the slop so I cut away the remaining ca and used epoxy to reattach them. After installing the spar and repairing the cabane attachments I used 1/8" lite ply to cover the opening on the bottom of the top wing. Remember this is all on the top wing. I rebuilt the bottom wing as well

Bradysfree

New to GSN!
Hey Rocco, think there is anyway I could get a set of the improved wings for mine? I would love to see how much my repairs and extra weight affect the planes performance. I am getting more and more in to 3d and the added weight I'm sure is not helping. It's the 50cc red yellow and black one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Brady

Rocco has sent my issue to warranty. He told me there was a red yellow black wing in stock. I hope to receive it soon. Thanks Rocco! It is only the top wing that was modified, so that is what he is sending. :)