• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

It is a tragedy ... :(
yes it is, because the airplane had been sitting in a warehouse in England for more then 10 years before he bought it . And many times people who purchase things like this have no idea how much work is to be done, I fear it will never be done,
If I had the money, since I have all of Michel Dalotel's drawings, I would build a full size one, but you know that cost a lot of money lol

Between working on the brakes, the voice control, etc. I still need to do some work on the actual airplane LOL so today I started on the wing tip and sized up the spar joiner which will be in the fuselage of course

Attachments

• hq.JPG
    hq.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 286
  • hr.JPG
    hr.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 219

Toffer77

30cc
yes it is, because the airplane had been sitting in a warehouse in England for more then 10 years before he bought it . And many times people who purchase things like this have no idea how much work is to be done, I fear it will never be done,
If I had the money, since I have all of Michel Dalotel's drawings, I would build a full size one, but you know that cost a lot of money lol[/QUO

If the owner of Dalotel decide to sell it, then I will move it to redeem the property !
Roger, the making of a 50% model is a beautiful tribute to Michel Dalotel and his plane .
Furthermore, you have purchased or plans , I am interested to buy them too?

Toffer77

30cc
If I had the money, since I have all of Michel Dalotel's drawings, I would build a full size one, but you know that cost a lot of money lol

If the owner of Dalotel decide to sell it, then I will move it to redeem the property !
Roger, the making of a 50% model is a beautiful tribute to Michel Dalotel and his plane .

To purchase the plans, call the museum curator at the Toulouse museum, they have it on a DVD

installed a small lip at the wing tip, , will need this for the flush mount of the 1/32 plywood, also trial fitting the the aileron before covering the aileron, to make sure I can reach every thing once covered,

Attachments

• hs.JPG
    hs.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 233
  • ht.JPG
    ht.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 250
  • hu.JPG
    hu.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 230
  • hv.JPG
    hv.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 219
cutting out the aileron contour sheeting, and add the wing tip only at the butt joint , will glue it properly tomorow

Attachments

• hw.JPG
    hw.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 247
  • hx.JPG
    hx.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 214
  • hy.JPG
    hy.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 205
  • hz.JPG
    hz.JPG