• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

claymin

50cc
Taranis X9D Plus, is the transmitter I am looking at with X8R receivers with the Sbus system. With the newest build I am doing, 8 aileron servos 2 boost tab servos , four flap servos, 2 elevator servos, four rudder servos. I need a lot of outputs.

Taranis X9D Plus, is the transmitter I am looking at with X8R receivers with the Sbus system. With the newest build I am doing, 8 aileron servos 2 boost tab servos , four flap servos, 2 elevator servos, four rudder servos. I need a lot of outputs.
hmmmm are you serious or joking LOL , in case you are serious, with Sbus, you will get 16 channels , but using Sbus, you will need to power the servos seperately, since all 16 channels will go through a single 22 gauge wire, . so Sbus for signal only

But by your description, I strongly believe you are kidding with me

worked all day on the fitting of the wing spar attach in the fuselage, getting there, but not much to show for so many hours of work but still all fun
This picture gives a size perspective , the wheel is 8" diameter

Attachments

• nc.JPG
    nc.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 252
i can see why you'd say that!

was that transmitter tray made by you or is it a conversion kit? thanks and sorry to keep harping on the transmitter!
Harp away, no worries, I designed the transmitter with SolidWorks, then sent the files to a company in China where they CNC'd it and anadized it for me. then I took my original Taranis apart and re installed in this casing, mind you the design was to accommodate the Taranis electronics.
The reason for this is I have been a Tray user most of my flying years, so I needed this, and this is when FrSky asked to use my design as a basis for the X9E Tray radio

claymin

50cc
hmmmm are you serious or joking LOL , in case you are serious, with Sbus, you will get 16 channels , but using Sbus, you will need to power the servos seperately, since all 16 channels will go through a single 22 gauge wire, . so Sbus for signal only

But by your description, I strongly believe you are kidding with me
Not kidding wing span 16 feet each aileron is 8.5 x 48" four servos each.

Not kidding wing span 16 feet each aileron is 8.5 x 48" four servos each.
With today's super powerful servos, why would you not consider less servos The Blue bird comes to mind with around 750 oz of torque, which would be more then enough with one servo per aileron

By the way, what are you building

claymin

50cc
I have been looking in to running one or two large scale servos. I took the three views from a cub and Taylor craft, and designed the aircraft. Not trying to hijack your thread, about my equipment.

I have been looking in to running one or two large scale servos. I took the three views from a cub and Taylor craft, and designed the aircraft. Not trying to hijack your thread, about my equipment.
a few posts about your project will not hijack anything, so please do tell

claymin

50cc
Here are some photos of the project. Wife calls it Big bird:)

Attachments

• IMG_20160405_212857.jpg
    IMG_20160405_212857.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20160405_212930.jpg
    IMG_20160405_212930.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20160405_213355.jpg
    IMG_20160405_213355.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 211