• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

claymin

50cc
Beautiful work, I was looking at the video you did on the wing controls very nice. I noticed you were using Frsky radio equipment. How do you like that system.

Beautiful work, I was looking at the video you did on the wing controls very nice. I noticed you were using Frsky radio equipment. How do you like that system.
Thank you for the compliment,
As for the FrSky radio its the best system I have ever used, and I was using Multiplex for more then 35 years. The FrSky system offers the most powerful programming ever, full telemetry which I am taking advantage of, and there receivers are bullet proof.
For instance the X8R receiver , is an 8 channel rx but you can extend it to a full 16 channel by either using two of the rx's or like I do using the Sbus system, Ya I love it LOL

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Roger,
Is there a thread somewhere showing your tray transmitter project? You didn't buy it that way, right?
Thanks!
Bart

Attachments

• blackpink antenna.jpg
    blackpink antenna.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 225

BalsaDust

I have many times considered the Taranis that uses the Frsky protocol and was even giving a good price on one with a bunch of extras but I have so much invested in my futaba gear it keeps steering me away.

claymin

50cc
I have also considered the Taranis, my only fear if the cost of my aircraft, with such a good price on there equipment, sound like maybe it is time to take a chance. Most I still fly on the JR 10X on 72

I have many times considered the Taranis that uses the Frsky protocol and was even giving a good price on one with a bunch of extras but I have so much invested in my futaba gear it keeps steering me away.
I hear you, with a lot of investment, its hard to let go, but I have done so with all my Multiplex investment as well and have never regretted it. its a call only you can make,

I have also considered the Taranis, my only fear if the cost of my aircraft, with such a good price on there equipment, sound like maybe it is time to take a chance. Most I still fly on the JR 10X on 72
Well there is no chance to take, its a proven radio and a proven company. I for one have flown my first generation Taranis as you see here in the red casing with my aerobatic airplanes, from Turbo prop, to 100" electric, and will go in to my this Dalotel I am building

For instance, as far as its programming features, it has no competition, and the nice thing about it, the manufacturer doesn't tell you what to assign to what, your always in charge, not long ago I saw a marketing point for the Spectrum DX18 saying it could now program 6 aileron servos, hmmm The Taranis can program as many as 32 aileron servos if one so desires lol and you don't need to mortgage your house